MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Brutale B4 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/)
-   -   Little Help Please? (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/65273-little-help-please.html)

doc5339 10-24-2013 04:01 PM

Little Help Please?

I finally had have a shot at joining the "few and the proud," not the U.S. Marine Corps, rather an owner of the Brutale 1090RR. I have been off bikes for too long, owned the following in the past, KLR 650, Buell M2 Cyclone, BMW R1100GS, Harley-Davisdson Softail Deuce, Yamaha R1, Yamaha Road Star Warrior with 108 cubic inch and custom map.

I have always wanted a Brutale, but was not planning on spending more than $8,000 for a used bike.

I found a 2012 Brutale 1090RR Matte Magno Grey/Matte Black/Red Frame with less than 5,000 miles at a local dealership. Looks like I could get her for about $14,000.00 USD before tax and tags.

What do you guys think of the price? I do not think that I can really trust the NADA, KBB, or Ebay prices due to the rarity of the MV Agusta brand.

Thanks in advance

Matt M. 10-24-2013 05:36 PM

You should be able to get new leftover 2012 for that kind of money. If you really like that particular bike the dealer has , I'd start start around 9k and not pay more than 12k if it was perfect.

esq'z me 10-24-2013 05:42 PM

Welcome to the family/forum.....where are you located? pricing may vary in different areas.

$14K does sound a bit tall for a used 2012....any up-grades done? Service records? Warranty remaining? These can all be a factor.

Poon Stick 10-24-2013 06:29 PM

FWIW I got my 2012 1090rr (demo model) for 13k. 14k USD is pretty high for a used bike

theknurl 10-24-2013 08:59 PM

Welcome to the Forum.......and
Thanks for your Service!

now about the price.......

"that price is higher than giraffe pussy!"

crash2much 10-25-2013 12:01 AM

Hmmmmm!!
Ducati's equivalent model would be the Streetfighter 1098S. If you go on Cycle Trader asking prices for 2010 and 2011 SF1098S are in the $13k-$15k.
Compared to the Brutale 1090RR, the SF is an ill handling, uncomfortable, ugly, and unrefined motorcycle. The Brutale is 10 times the bike that the SF could only dream to be - that is my opinion.
Having said that, I find that a newer (2012), clean 1090RR is worth every bit of $14k.

Unfortunately, used Brutales (and MVs in general) are way underpriced, considering how good these bikes really are. Resale values are low and it is to a big part because long time MV owners such as the ones responding to this thread, are supporting the excessive devaluation of these absolutely brilliant motorcycles.

It's the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. By endorsing these crappy low resale values, these owners are very effectively devaluing their own motorcycles/possessions. :thewife: :stickpoke:thewife:

I am not sure who is served well by this, but based on any models I have studied in business school (BA & MBA) and using a good dose of common sense, this is simply piss poor business practice that makes no financial sense.

As long as "experts" and owners support this crazy devaluation, there is one more reason why MV Agusta and our beloved bikes will continuously struggle to be taken serious and gain the respect that they so much deserve in the motorcycle industry.

To the original question specifically, one thing is for sure, even if you pay the 14k for the bike, you will never regret the money you spent on this bike - it is so incredibly good and rewarding!!!

brut920 10-25-2013 03:14 AM

$14k , thats only $900 less than a brand new 2013 1090 here

Matt M. 10-25-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash2much (Post 734201)
Hmmmmm!!
Ducati's equivalent model would be the Streetfighter 1098S. If you go on Cycle Trader asking prices for 2010 and 2011 SF1098S are in the $13k-$15k.
Compared to the Brutale 1090RR, the SF is an ill handling, uncomfortable, ugly, and unrefined motorcycle. The Brutale is 10 times the bike that the SF could only dream to be - that is my opinion.
Having said that, I find that a newer (2012), clean 1090RR is worth every bit of $14k.

Unfortunately, used Brutales (and MVs in general) are way underpriced, considering how good these bikes really are. Resale values are low and it is to a big part because long time MV owners such as the ones responding to this thread, are supporting the excessive devaluation of these absolutely brilliant motorcycles.

It's the equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. By endorsing these crappy low resale values, these owners are very effectively devaluing their own motorcycles/possessions. :thewife: :stickpoke:thewife:

I am not sure who is served well by this, but based on any models I have studied in business school (BA & MBA) and using a good dose of common sense, this is simply piss poor business practice that makes no financial sense.

As long as "experts" and owners support this crazy devaluation, there is one more reason why MV Agusta and our beloved bikes will continuously struggle to be taken serious and gain the respect that they so much deserve in the motorcycle industry.

To the original question specifically, one thing is for sure, even if you pay the 14k for the bike, you will never regret the money you spent on this bike - it is so incredibly good and rewarding!!!

I'm sorry, I can't disagree more with any of this. Other than the Duc Streetfighter isn't half the bike the Brutale is. You can buy a brand new leftover here in the U.S. for less than $14,000. Never, ever pay more than what something is worth if you can, especially if that item is still going to be manufactured in the near future.

DeadHead 10-25-2013 09:25 AM

A brand new unregistered 1090rr 2012 in the UK would set you back 10499. A 2013 has just dropped to 11699. For 2014 they will be 14449 but will come with ABS. That's a lot of bike for that kinda cash.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Maximum Velocity 10-25-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash2much (Post 734201)
Hmmmmm!!

I completely agree and a while ago I raised the same kind of arguments. Okay, little bit different situation, but same intention. People over here commenting prices on bikes that are here for sale. It does not make sense at all. Especially not if you don't intend to buy it anyway. Sometimes I have the impression that those comments only come from the aspect the some think they are so smart and want to show that... With the exeption of those who have the best intentions of course :wtf: nobody needs to be offended :jsm: and if you do then you are probably in the first category :jerkoff:

And 14.000 sounds reasonable to me for such a bike. But then... What do I know... In the end it all comes down what you want to have and what you are willing to pay. If you figured that out who cares about anything else...