MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Lee's Kitchen Sink (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/)
-   -   Guns, Politics, and Religion. (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/53583-guns-politics-religion.html)

CAG 05-27-2013 04:24 PM

Guns, Politics, and Religion.

Based entirely on suggestions from the forum members, we are trying something new. This is the thread to post anything relating to guns, politics, and religion.

We would like to restrict those three topics to this one thread in the interest of making visiting the forum a more enjoyable experience for everyone.

A few rules:
1) Abide by the forum rules. No vulgarity, no threats, etc.
2)Do not post anything relating to guns, politics and religion in other peoples threads. Your post will be moved here.
3) While there is no rule against starting you own thread relating to guns, politics, and religion, if you do start one all the posts will probably be moved here and your thread will be closed.
4) This is going to be free wheeling. There will probably be hurt feelings. I anticipate heated arguments. It was unworkable to have a separate section in the Kitchen Sink, so this is the next best option. If reading these posts is going to sour you on the forum, please don't follow this thread.

The moderators discussed this at length and the decision, for those of you keeping score, was unanimous. We are most interested in preserving the special camaraderie that is unique to this forum and with that in mind we have launched this thread on a trial basis.

Have fun and let's see how it works.

silentservice703 05-27-2013 04:33 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5puAN1PGQw
Warren Zevon

GREGOSTINI 05-27-2013 04:38 PM

A priest, a politician, and a gun enthusiast walk into a bar.....and hopefully they'll stay there.

italia 05-27-2013 04:46 PM

Could have gone even further:

"Reminder - No Politics, Gun, Religion Posts"
"There will be NO discussions on the subjects of SEX, RELIGION, POLITICS or GUNS as these subjects all too quickly turn into name calling, personal insult hurling tirades which do more to damage a board's credibility than help & alienate members in the process. "
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...77&an=0&page=0

Dey don't take no sh!t at da MoPar board. :naughty:

CAG 05-27-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italia (Post 610263)

"There will be NO discussions on the subjects of SEX, RELIGION, POLITICS or GUNS as these subjects all too quickly turn into name calling, personal insult hurling tirades which do more to damage a board's credibility than help & alienate members in the process. "

Yes, we could have but we are more mature and erudite then the knuckle draggers at the MoPar board. Can those "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" guys even type?:stickpoke

italia 05-27-2013 05:00 PM

:laughing:

italia 05-27-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italia (Post 610263)

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAG (Post 610265)
Yes, we could have but we are more mature and erudite then the knuckle draggers at the MoPar board. Can those "Yeah, it's got a Hemi" guys even type?:stickpoke

And they outlawed discussing SEX? What are they, a bunch of Brutale riders? :stickpoke

mitchy 05-27-2013 05:33 PM

Good move Carl and moderators.:yo:

kieran323 05-27-2013 07:06 PM

Can we crack "racist" jokes? :stickpoke :thewife:

eddypro 05-27-2013 10:11 PM

Who Called me a wog. No interest in guns.no interest in religion.no interest in politics.but keep the sex.so enjoy guys I am out of this thread.
Cheers eddy

Ian SAVS 05-27-2013 10:40 PM

Interesting idea. I like It. I'm sure it will help keep the forum uncluttered. Now where's Elton, and that goat?

kieran323 05-27-2013 11:10 PM

Goat??

mrinflux 05-28-2013 05:16 AM

So Carl, let me see if I understand....No political discussion except in this thread.

Does that include your blatantly political avatar? Are you restricting your posts to this thread only, or is this just another rule you'll enforce but not follow?

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 07:51 AM

Op, someone is climbing up on the cross early.

Ian SAVS 05-28-2013 08:18 AM

Found the goat...

LiquidWhy 05-28-2013 09:44 AM

Interesting

Wow, this is going to be interesting.

Guns: Weapons
Politics: Sexism, racism and homophobia
Religion: Same as above

Randarosa 05-28-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinflux (Post 610394)
So Carl, let me see if I understand....No political discussion except in this thread.

Nope, start your own thread and talk about what you want.

mrinflux 05-28-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAG (Post 610256)
This is the thread to post anything relating to guns, politics, and religion. We would like to restrict those three topics to this one thread.

A few rules:
2)Do not post anything relating to guns, politics and religion in other peoples threads. Your post will be moved here.
3) While there is no rule against starting you own thread relating to guns, politics, and religion, if you do start one all the posts will probably be moved here and your thread will be closed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randarosa (Post 610484)
Nope, start your own thread and talk about what you want.

I'm confused

Harvey 05-28-2013 01:58 PM

Guns, religion, politics. The only subjects worth arguing about - the rest is all advertising.

:)

Sex? I'm trying to remember that from the old days.

silentservice703 05-28-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinflux (Post 610504)
I'm confused

Don't be confused, Elton. It's really quite simple. The idea is to keep other threads form being compromised by politics, guns, etc..

So, if you want ot just make a genreal comment, make it in this thread. If you want to start a thread on politics, race relations or guns ... go right ahead. Just don't jump in on a thread already in progress, that isn't a political thread, (for instance the Oklahoma Tornado Thread) and polute it with politics, guns or race or any other thing that isn't related...unless, of course, it is a tongue-in-cheek shot at Randy's LEFT limp haded Brutie rinding fixation with ugly man's asses...just who is Ugly Man anyway?

italia 05-28-2013 03:22 PM

Chuck, many thanks for not disallowing the opportunity to take shots at Randy / Brutie riders in any and all threads. :naughty:

CAG 05-28-2013 05:09 PM

The real dilemma is deciding which side of the Brutale/F4 fence you belong on if you have both.

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 05:15 PM

Well. Since its a politics thread the only solution is to ignore the faults of your own bike and blame the world's problems on the other, no matter which bike you have. And if you own both you are a traitor to whichever I own.

So, F4s only run hot because Brutales cause global warming.

CAG 05-28-2013 05:18 PM

A point of clarification:

If you want to start a thread on anything else in the world other than guns, politics, and religion go right ahead. But if you want to start a thread about guns, politics, or religion, please don't. Post your ideas, comments, rants, complaints, taunts, pokes, links to news articles, video clips and blogs, compliments, etc. in this thread.

The purpose of this is that forum members who don't have any interest in those three things or prefer not to discuss them, don't run the risk of wading into a thread they may find disagreeable. The can enjoy all the sections of the forum including the Kitchen Sink. They only have to avoid one thread not the entire section.

CAG 05-28-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart (Post 610549)
Well. Since its a politics thread the only solution is to ignore the faults of your own bike and blame the world's problems on the other, no matter which bike you have. And if you own both you are a traitor to whichever I own.

So, F4s only run hot because Brutales cause global warming.

:laughing:

italia 05-28-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAG (Post 610545)
The real dilemma is deciding which side of the Brutale/F4 fence you belong on if you have both.

This is not a dilemma Carl. You, Ed and others with this predicament just need to decide if you most affiliate with the likes of Chuck, Donsy, me and others, or with Randy and his limp wrist. It's quite an easy decision if you think about it. :stickpoke

italia 05-28-2013 06:02 PM

Help with Rifle Choice

OK. So, let's get this thread going.

I was just offered membership off the waiting list in an exclusive sportsman's club in my area. It's the only private club anywhere near me that has a decent rifle range (275 yards in this case). Any other places to shoot nearby are an hour away at a public range.

Anyway, I digress. Here's the quandary. I haven't had a rifle in years, and while I don't currently have the time to hunt right now (maybe later), I do want to get a rifle and use the range.

So, what do I get? Here are my thoughts at this point.
1) Classic Bolt Action Rifle - Winchester Model 70 (pre-64) :mouthwate
2) Modern Bolt Action Rifle such as Cooper Firearms 54 or Sako 85, or maybe even a Tikka T3. I'm not a fan of the Savage AccuTrigger. :grin:
3) Modern Sporting Rifle such as FNH Scar 16S or Beretta ARX100 :smoking:
4) Other ____________ :wtf:

I'm looking at a .243 Win in a bolt rifle as it would be a bit flatter and less susceptible to wind out to 300 yards than .223 - feel free to offer your thoughts here as well. Thanks!

CAG 05-28-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinflux (Post 610504)
I'm confused

Well, of course you are. You're liberal aren't you?

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 07:03 PM

Go .338 lapua or go home

CAG 05-28-2013 07:05 PM

I have a Stoner SR25 that I like.

But if I were looking to buy a 300+ yard low recoil rifle, I'd look for an AR15 chambered in 6.5 Grendel.

CAG 05-28-2013 07:07 PM

I had a Sako TRG41 in 338 Lapua.

I went home. Actually, I traded it for a Fort Daniel Rook chambered in 308. Really nice rifle.

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 08:00 PM

Do you load your own?

That would be my biggest driver from a 338 to a 308 or 300 mag. Retail availability.

col 05-28-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eddypro (Post 610325)
Who Called me a wog. No interest in guns.no interest in religion.no interest in politics.but keep the sex.so enjoy guys I am out of this thread.
Cheers eddy

Eddy a WOG in oz is a term of indearment same as pome pohm or the great unwashed even the blacks here call themselves blacks or blackfella
try saying that in Nottinghill or brixton

but if we ban politics and religion from the face of the earth we wont need guns

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by col (Post 610594)
but if we ban politics and religion from the face of the earth we wont need guns

Is it political or religious when someone robs a house?

cdamb 05-28-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart (Post 610597)

It depends if they get caught.

col 05-28-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart (Post 610597)

with out them there would be enough cash to go around
and why would you shoot someone for just robbing you
also Robbin Hood was a robber would you shoot him for stealing from the rich to give to the poor ....i think not
so put that gun down before you shoot your foot off

mvagustaGuest1 05-28-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italia (Post 610563)
OK. So, let's get this thread going.

I was just offered membership off the waiting list in an exclusive sportsman's club in my area. It's the only private club anywhere near me that has a decent rifle range (275 yards in this case). Any other places to shoot nearby are an hour away at a public range.

Anyway, I digress. Here's the quandary. I haven't had a rifle in years, and while I don't currently have the time to hunt right now (maybe later), I do want to get a rifle and use the range.

So, what do I get? Here are my thoughts at this point.
1) Classic Bolt Action Rifle - Winchester Model 70 (pre-64) :mouthwate
2) Modern Bolt Action Rifle such as Cooper Firearms 54 or Sako 85, or maybe even a Tikka T3. I'm not a fan of the Savage AccuTrigger. :grin:
3) Modern Sporting Rifle such as FNH Scar 16S or Beretta ARX100 :smoking:
4) Other ____________ :wtf:

I'm looking at a .243 Win in a bolt rifle as it would be a bit flatter and less susceptible to wind out to 300 yards than .223 - feel free to offer your thoughts here as well. Thanks!

You mentioned you dont hunt right now "but maybe later" so get a rifle that will suit both range & deer stalking (if thats what you hunt?)

Remington 25739 700 LTR .308 20" fluted to include thread
cutting and protector.

Swarovski 6-24 x 50 PVS. Plex reticle (dont want to make things too easy)

Northstar sound mod with thread to match barrel

that way you can easily shoot 200 - 500 yards on range and also the .308 which will take out a red deer with one shot

what is it you hunt? or what did you

Randarosa 05-28-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italia (Post 610554)
This is not a dilemma Carl. You, Ed and others with this predicament just need to decide if you most affiliate with the likes of Chuck, Donsy, me and others, or with Randy and his limp wrist. It's quite an easy decision if you think about it. :stickpoke

Kevin, Carl's already moved to Bubbaville, and Ed's looking at moving very close to Bubbaville. Chuck only owns one Non-Bubba motorcycle (albeit his 312R), but he's planning on moving to Bubbaville when his Nuke assignment is over..........and Dons......well, Donsy's wife is so pretty and sweet, he gets a pass on his F4 ownership, and is automatically designated an Honorary Bubba. :)

You, on the other hand, don't live anywhere near Bubbaville, and have been seen consorting with sheep, and F4 weenies........:stickpoke

So......There.....:naughty: :)

theknurl 05-29-2013 12:49 AM

.338 Lapua?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart (Post 610576)
Go .338 lapua or go home

a pussy round......i don't care if its .30/.378

now a PaK 43/41 with PzGr 40/43 APCR shells....

it will penetrate a Russian T-34 tank at 3,500 meters.....yes, right through the sloped front armor

PzGr 40/43 APCR shells......7.3kg/16lbs @ 1130mps/3707fps......
yes, they're tungsten AP in a sabot....firing rate 20/25 rpm
they're 88mm shells:jsm:

go look up a ballistics calculator and find the drop on a 16lb [email protected] 3707fps @ 1,000yds:naughty:.....if it has ANY aerodynamic shape the ballistic coefficient of drag will be over .850 maybe more:jsm::jsm::jsm:

one of my mentors, Frank Dunai, was with Erwin Rommel in North Africa
he was on a PaK 43/41 crew.......

they had a little bet, the Flak 88s vs the PaK 43/41......big pile of Reichmarks.....one shot, shot a guy off a moving camel at 4,300m/14,100ft .....and they didn't hurt the camel
with optical sights, a Kern(Swiss) optical range finder and Kentucky windage

the Flak 88 guys paid off.......dumb bet, they didn't have the range finder
the anti-tank guys did:naughty:
because tanks shoot back:stickpoke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxaClfnxzSA

GREGOSTINI 05-29-2013 03:27 AM

Sounds like just the thing for the rifle range. I don't think you can take the camel in, though.:stickpoke