MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Lee's Kitchen Sink (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/)
-   -   Guns, Politics, and Religion. (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/53583-guns-politics-religion.html)

italia 05-28-2013 03:22 PM

Chuck, many thanks for not disallowing the opportunity to take shots at Randy / Brutie riders in any and all threads. :naughty:

CAG 05-28-2013 05:09 PM

The real dilemma is deciding which side of the Brutale/F4 fence you belong on if you have both.

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 05:15 PM

Well. Since its a politics thread the only solution is to ignore the faults of your own bike and blame the world's problems on the other, no matter which bike you have. And if you own both you are a traitor to whichever I own.

So, F4s only run hot because Brutales cause global warming.

CAG 05-28-2013 05:18 PM

A point of clarification:

If you want to start a thread on anything else in the world other than guns, politics, and religion go right ahead. But if you want to start a thread about guns, politics, or religion, please don't. Post your ideas, comments, rants, complaints, taunts, pokes, links to news articles, video clips and blogs, compliments, etc. in this thread.

The purpose of this is that forum members who don't have any interest in those three things or prefer not to discuss them, don't run the risk of wading into a thread they may find disagreeable. The can enjoy all the sections of the forum including the Kitchen Sink. They only have to avoid one thread not the entire section.

CAG 05-28-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan Stewart (Post 610549)
Well. Since its a politics thread the only solution is to ignore the faults of your own bike and blame the world's problems on the other, no matter which bike you have. And if you own both you are a traitor to whichever I own.

So, F4s only run hot because Brutales cause global warming.

:laughing:

italia 05-28-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAG (Post 610545)
The real dilemma is deciding which side of the Brutale/F4 fence you belong on if you have both.

This is not a dilemma Carl. You, Ed and others with this predicament just need to decide if you most affiliate with the likes of Chuck, Donsy, me and others, or with Randy and his limp wrist. It's quite an easy decision if you think about it. :stickpoke

italia 05-28-2013 06:02 PM

Help with Rifle Choice

OK. So, let's get this thread going.

I was just offered membership off the waiting list in an exclusive sportsman's club in my area. It's the only private club anywhere near me that has a decent rifle range (275 yards in this case). Any other places to shoot nearby are an hour away at a public range.

Anyway, I digress. Here's the quandary. I haven't had a rifle in years, and while I don't currently have the time to hunt right now (maybe later), I do want to get a rifle and use the range.

So, what do I get? Here are my thoughts at this point.
1) Classic Bolt Action Rifle - Winchester Model 70 (pre-64) :mouthwate
2) Modern Bolt Action Rifle such as Cooper Firearms 54 or Sako 85, or maybe even a Tikka T3. I'm not a fan of the Savage AccuTrigger. :grin:
3) Modern Sporting Rifle such as FNH Scar 16S or Beretta ARX100 :smoking:
4) Other ____________ :wtf:

I'm looking at a .243 Win in a bolt rifle as it would be a bit flatter and less susceptible to wind out to 300 yards than .223 - feel free to offer your thoughts here as well. Thanks!

CAG 05-28-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrinflux (Post 610504)
I'm confused

Well, of course you are. You're liberal aren't you?

Ryan Stewart 05-28-2013 07:03 PM

Go .338 lapua or go home

CAG 05-28-2013 07:05 PM

I have a Stoner SR25 that I like.

But if I were looking to buy a 300+ yard low recoil rifle, I'd look for an AR15 chambered in 6.5 Grendel.