MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   General Talk and Media (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/)
-   -   bought a new MV today (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/468-bought-new-mv-today.html)

Triple Seven 02-13-2006 07:39 PM

bought a new MV today

Couldnt wait any longer for a 910R (patience is one of my character flaws) especially since I had a fat check on my desk collecting dust. So I took a trip up to my dealer this afternoon and bought a new Brutale 910 in red (for the black frame) AND a Gladio kit. Asked myself do I NEED more power than the 910 has? No. Do I NEED better brakes than the 910 has? No. Do I want to wait another month or two for a bike? No. So made the purchase. :D

Will pick up or have the bike delivered tomorrow and will get the Gladio kit within a week. Dealer says he thinks im the only person in California with the Gladio kit now. Not sure if that is so but I will have to confirm that if possible.

Robert

Gladio 02-13-2006 07:41 PM

Congrats!!!!

Rockethouse 02-13-2006 07:46 PM

777 Congrats, I thought you were going to say I got another F4 1000.

Triple Seven 02-13-2006 08:00 PM

love the F4-1000 but just isnt as fun as the Brutale. So fun factor won out over shear power, this time. Someday i'll put another 1000 in the stable. :nerd:

MVorBMW 02-13-2006 08:45 PM

Congrats...I can totally relate to the lack of patience. I've done that before...a few times. This forum is great and makes me feel normal - when all my good friends think I've lost it. But the truth is their wives won't let them ride and they are jealous. The black frame with the Gladio kit should be great...particularly with the stock wheels. I'm hanging on to my 910r deposit for now...hoping delivery will actually be 1 or 2 months. But we just got 2 feet of snow so I can afford to wait :)

odonata 02-13-2006 09:03 PM

Congrats, I am will be waiting for the Senna for 4 more month... it's almost an unbearable wait. Please post picture once you have everything installed.

anucci 02-13-2006 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777
Couldnt wait any longer for a 910R (patience is one of my character flaws) especially since I had a fat check on my desk collecting dust. So I took a trip up to my dealer this afternoon and bought a new Brutale 910 in red (for the black frame) AND a Gladio kit. Asked myself do I NEED more power than the 910 has? No. Do I NEED better brakes than the 910 has? No. Do I want to wait another month or two for a bike? No. So made the purchase. :D

Will pick up or have the bike delivered tomorrow and will get the Gladio kit within a week. Dealer says he thinks im the only person in California with the Gladio kit now. Not sure if that is so but I will have to confirm that if possible.

Robert

777, Congrats! I just went throught the exact same rationale. I decided I did not want to wait for the 910R. I will never track this bike (I am getting a dedicated sport bike for that) and so I doubt I will ever utilize the incremental performace the Brembos offer over the Nissins. As for the power, the same holds true, but if you want more HP you can always add the Corsa full titanium exhaust and chip and come very close to the HP of the 910R. AND I get to have my black and red color scheme to boot. As for the wheels, I like the stock stars way better than the forged black ones on the 910R. All that said, if I had the patience, I would wait for the 910R. But I don't.

Now, if the two feet of snow that just got dumped on us here in CT, USA melts before this weekend I can take delivery and ride!

alvin 02-13-2006 09:31 PM

777 congrats :) hope you get some pictures up asap when the Gladio kit is on!

agusta01 02-13-2006 09:57 PM

Who ever said wanting and then owning an MV had anything to do with sanity?!

Well done and enjoy every moment!!

MarcoM3 02-13-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 777

Robert

Let me know how it behaves in the Cali twisties. I lived in Orange County for 15 years and I sure miss Ortega Highway, especially now that I have my MV F4!!!

Congrats! :cool: