MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Customising and Performance Section (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/)
-   -   California exhaust regulations explained. (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/46629-california-exhaust-regulations-explained.html)

esq'z me 05-29-2012 09:40 AM

California exhaust regulations explained.

1 Attachment(s)
As posted in recent on-line Dealer News:

The Motorcycle Industry Council and its members have developed a "Frequently Asked Questions" document aimed at clearing the air over the complexities of selling and installing aftermarket exhausts in California.
The list addresses questions dealers might have about exhaust system sales following recent investigations by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) into possible emissions violations.
A PDF of the document is attached below.
Dealers in the state have been complaining over the last two years about stepped-up enforcement by CARB regulators on the sale, installation and in some cases even showroom display of aftermarket exhausts. And it's safe to say that regulators from other states may be monitoring CARB's enforcement efforts to determine their applicability elsewhere.
The MIC document provides guidance on a number of issues, including which systems are CARB-compliant, what systems are considered replacement parts, how to tell if a modified exhaust system has been approved by the state, when it's legal to sell a modified system without a CARB label, and which sales records must be maintained by the retailer.
Posted by Dennis Johnson

This is what those obnoxiously loud pipes some folks like are leading to everywhere.
:thewife:

The_castle 05-29-2012 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Do they not see this as a thing of beauty Ed?

rickyleesurf 05-29-2012 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
....Like Scooter said

theknurl 05-29-2012 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by esq'z me (Post 531012)
As posted in recent on-line Dealer News:

This is what those obnoxiously loud pipes some folks like are leading to everywhere.
:thewife:

READ the pdf Ed

its about having emissions stuff and the correct stampings on the pipes.....EPA closed the noise office 30 years ago according the pdf

esq'z me 05-29-2012 08:00 PM

I read the whole thing, why do you think I posted it?.....It is the noise issue that has the government cracking down everywhere.....otherwise they would still be ignoring us. The smog thing is just the easiest first step.

Randarosa 05-29-2012 10:29 PM

Why does anyone still want to live in California?

getec 05-30-2012 05:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randarosa (Post 531115)

:wtf: Where is California ? :naughty:

...and the days are numbered when it comes to 'after-market' exhausts and mods...:bawling:

R1andrew 05-30-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randarosa (Post 531115)

Not sure. It seems like they have rules for rules.

J_Spec 05-30-2012 12:41 PM

Because California is awesome. You have to be from here to get it. ;)

Kind of along the same lines of me never wanting to live in the south.

oldbutspry 05-30-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Spec (Post 531257)
Because California is awesome. You have to be from here to get it. ;)

Kind of along the same lines of me never wanting to live in the south.

The land is beautiful but there's nothing awesome about tyranny. I value freedom over aesthetics.