MV Agusta Forum banner

foot pegs height?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  oldbutspry 
#1 ·
I went out for a ride the weekend, a little cold i know but wanted a blast. we met some friends in stratford. they said we'll follow you back. when we stopped the one guy said my foot pegs seemed to be different hight and that i seemed to be leaning to one side, this is not the first time some body has said i seem lopsided.

Lets get one thing straight both of my legs are the same length. lol.

so in the car park we all took turns sitting on the bike and i must admit the right hand foot peg seem to be about an inch higher than the left. Is this normal has anybody else noticed this?
I i have been a measured from foot peg to seat ( 15 1/2 ") but have not checked from the floor up yet.
has any body any advise on this.:blah:

#2 ·
Some models have adjustable foot pegs....is yours one of those? The MV adjustable pegs are easy to check and adjust, there is a little scale and pointer that you can look at to ensure both are at the same height.....or use a tape measure from level ground.

#4 ·
peg height?

joanne:
like Ed said use scales on the adjustable pegs.....measuring to the ground is tough, the stands lean the bike a little to the left......its about a 3 person job;
one to hold the level
one hold the bike
and the tape measure person:jsm:

#5 ·
I help Dons measure his pegs, the most constant points on the bike is the engine bolts, it's a good reference that's the same on both sides of the bike, and from the edge of the rear axle as a second or third point.
We had a lady friend in South Africa with a bike built by her husband, we followed her one day going on a rally and noticed her sitting at a angle on the bike. Dons checked the bike and noticed she had bent handlebars, so Dons told her to relax on the bike and bend her arms so she can sit up straight till the bars were repaired.

#6 ·
The bike rides and handles great. yes it's the 920 brutale, did that get any frame mods? i know they changed it for the all in one seat which i think is more comfortable for pillion. when my partner is feeling brave enough. lol. i will wait till week end and get some one to help measure from the ground up . didn't know the bike tilted to left on stand thanks for that bit of info. will try and get some pics a swell because from the rear it definitely look higher. no they are not the adjustable foots pegs that was what i thought @ first. but cannot see any adjustment.

#8 ·
When I bought my bike (used), I saw the adjustable footpegs were set to different numbers. I started to change them to match but then I stopped and thought I should verify they really weren't even. I measured from multiple places and found they were exactly the same. So don't trust the markings on the pegs - measure and verify the actual positioning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.