MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Brutale B4 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/)
-   -   Tomorrow's the day!! (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/42295-tomorrows-day.html)

oldbutspry 09-26-2011 06:57 PM

Tomorrow's the day!!

They called today and said my 1078 will be delivered tomorrow! To say that I am excited would be a grand understatement. I honestly can't believe it is real - I have been waiting so long that it just feels like some delusion I can't shake.

:f4:

daves1078rr 09-26-2011 07:33 PM

Well, if the weather down there is nice I'm guessing you wont be posting about how awesome it is! You'll be riding it!

Enjoy!!

oldbutspry 09-26-2011 08:00 PM

It was rainy most of the day today and is supposed to be the same tomorrow. Maybe I'll get lucky and there'll be a break when I can go for a spin.

daves1078rr 09-26-2011 08:44 PM

Be care full! Damp roads and new tires= bad news!

mitchy 09-26-2011 09:03 PM

No sleep tonight,post some pics if its raining and show us,congradulations,Mitch.

cas.kelly 09-27-2011 01:52 AM

Hope you have fun on your new bike

bet your excited. xx

eddypro 09-27-2011 01:55 AM

Easy does it ,take it slow,oh the excitement ,oh what a feeling MV AGUSTA.Enjoy, need pics.
cheers eddy from down under:mouthwate:mouthwate:f4::brutale::brutale::f4 :

oldbutspry 09-27-2011 09:46 PM

Got the 1078 today right on schedule. Wow, what a bike!! Very comfortable and a blast to drive. Got it registered but didn't drive it much. My wife rides with me everywhere so I won't be riding it much until I get the passenger pegs. Also, I can't wait to put the DB killer on it before I go deaf. :jsm:

I must say, Steve (Husky610) was great to work with. He did everything he said he would and the bike was just as he stated (flawless!). I could tell he was a stand-up guy or I wouldn't have been willing to buy the bike without seeing it (and only seeing two photos of it before buying).

The bike is very comfy! It feels so upright compared to my ZX-9R. And the seat is quite comfy. Overall, it's a joy to ride. The fueling and such feels right on. I haven't really experienced much of the power yet because I am keeping the revs down while getting used to it. I noticed the throttle has a normal feel to it. I remember a lot of people saying they disconnect one of the throttle return springs - maybe this bike has one already undone? Or was that only with the 910's? Also, the headlight seems ok - do I need to worry about the glass falling out on a 1078?

Gotta get to sleep. I'm sure I'll have more questions shortly. Already thinking about buying some frame protectors. :smoking:

Will post photos tomorrow!

Sarge 09-29-2011 02:04 AM

congrats on your purchase.

The glass could fall off any of the bikes, just pull on the glass a little to make sure its not loose. if it is you can pull it out clean it and put better silicon to reseal.

The 1078 is a great bike have a blast.

John M 09-29-2011 02:50 AM

Congratulations - 1078RR is a great bike - have fun and stay upright