MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Brutale B4 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/)
-   -   Trip reset (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/38969-trip-reset.html)

Alremc 05-02-2011 02:20 PM

Trip reset

I admit i am not the smartest cookie in the jar but what the heck was MV thinking when it made the 1090 so freakin hard to reset the dam trip meter??? Seems everytime i gas up and reset, or try to rest the trip, i use up half the tank sitting there putting buttons and waiting the 4 seconds and then pushin again within the 4 seconds blah blah blah!! :banghead:

roadbiking 05-02-2011 02:27 PM

yeap they basically made the damn thing as difficult as you can make a simple operation.

has to be "the most" moronic series of pressing buttons and counting to 4 that they could have made, the only way they could have made it better was by giving you only one button and making you count for even longer or something, i'm sure some "genius" at mv is currently working on that as we speak. :)

billywhizzz 05-02-2011 03:54 PM

I went out on my old 750 Suzuki today, took me about 2 seconds to reset the odometer, takes me about 5 minutes to do the MV, progress? :) I usually don't bother now, in the too difficult box, pity they didn't fit a fuel gauge...

racerxlilbro 05-02-2011 08:44 PM

Thanks! I thought it was me... :(

Alremc 05-03-2011 09:56 AM

I wish i didn't have to bother with it too but i can't remember crap, so i need the trip to keep tabs on my petro. ahh, the trials of life on an MV :D

Vealie 05-03-2011 03:13 PM

Zero the trip meter, thats nothing, you should try zeroing the lap timer.

enkil 05-03-2011 04:36 PM

Yup, i still haven't figured it out too. Damn frustrating :)

roadbiking 05-03-2011 04:45 PM

geez i saw how bad that lap timer thing lookd, i skip over that option everytime when pressing the set button, i don't think i'll ever use that damn thing.

a clock on the bike would have been nice actually.. but noooooo that would actually be something useful

revhead1957 05-03-2011 05:02 PM

I'm just over the moon at not having to stop at every petrol station I see - my previous ride got 160km to a tank of gas if I was easy on the throttle.
I have a little piece of paper in my wallet with the procedure written on it, until my brain can retain the sequence.

Still lovin' it though. It's the price you have to pay for having an Italian mistress...

flynbulldog 05-03-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadbiking (Post 438142)
geez i saw how bad that lap timer thing lookd, i skip over that option everytime when pressing the set button, i don't think i'll ever use that damn thing.

a clock on the bike would have been nice actually.. but noooooo that would actually be something useful

?? mine has a clock.