MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   F4 - 1st Gen. 1998-2009 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/12-f4-1st-gen-1998-2009/)
-   -   Australia and Engine Ice (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/12-f4-1st-gen-1998-2009/25405-australia-engine-ice.html)

Ian Baldwin 08-12-2009 05:35 AM

Australia and Engine Ice

Does anybody Know where I can get Engine Ice in Newcastle or Sydney?:freezing:

minime 08-12-2009 05:41 AM

MCA usually stocks them, about $30.00 per bottle and you will need two bottles.

Cash_Dawg 08-12-2009 07:28 AM

Try these guys.

http://www.engineice.cc/distribution.html

GAS Imports Australia Pty. Ltd.
+61 3 9338 1664

Cash_Dawg 08-13-2009 08:40 PM

Motorino Scooterino in Homebush and Darlinghust Sydney have got some of this in stock and are offering it to their customers when servicing there bikes as an added extra, but have said they are getting pleasing reductions in temps on the MV's

Ian Baldwin 08-20-2009 02:44 AM

I've tried a few plkaces now and everyone is out of Engine Ice.
Some people have been trying to get me to buy Liquid Performance?
Anybody heard of it? Results?
What is the difference in coolants?
I'm thinking about the new water pump and impeller upgrade which I found for $330.
Any ideas?

Cash_Dawg 08-20-2009 03:03 AM

Check out some of the other threads on here regarding the water pump & impeller upgrade. Everyone seems to be having positive results with a not so huge outlay. I havent done mine as yet. I Have ordered the kit but it hasnt arrived yet. A few of the other members have said it seems to be an easy install too.

Stiv 08-20-2009 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cash_Dawg (Post 288894)
Check out some of the other threads on here regarding the water pump & impeller upgrade. Everyone seems to be having positive results with a not so huge outlay. I havent done mine as yet. I Have ordered the kit but it hasnt arrived yet. A few of the other members have said it seems to be an easy install too.

Hey Cash Dawg,
Please keep us informed of what you think of the new MV impellor.
Audtralian conditions with a few traffic lights in a row on a warmish day etc. You know my story. i couldn't stop it over heating 'till i put the third fan on. Hope the upgrade is a success for you.
Stiv

Ian Baldwin 09-17-2009 05:21 AM

Stiv,

I remember seeing the third fan mod on your bike. I'm starting to lean towards the third fan idea as I only have a problem when I'm sitting at a red light and I don't see the new water pump and impeller improving this in 30 to 40'C days.
Can you send me the details of what you did again or lead me to your thread on the site where you had the instructions and photos please?
I found a guy at work who builds hot rods who also happens to be an auto electrician......I'm not confident doing something like this on my baby and I'm not that mechanically minded. Yes I know, 'shame on me'.
Also, would it be of any use putting the bike on a dyno tuner or putting a power commander in it?
I hope you can help,

Ian

PP1098 09-17-2009 05:26 AM

Engine Ice tested

Greetings

Used it for about 500kms and pls note that I have not seen great difference on my 1078 (temp wise). Still running hot both city and highway.

Weather here now is +35C and soon cooler.

Brand I used is an american one and cost EUR30 for a 2L tank.

P.

AndyF4 09-17-2009 05:57 AM

I was told by my local dealer not to use Engine Ice as it only had a boiling point of 106 celcius. Don't know if this is true or not but considering these bikes often get well over that temp it seems a bit worrying. I know its had some pretty big wraps on here.
Also not too convinced the dealer knows what hes talking about as he also catigorically stated that MV do not make a high flow water impellor and told me that if I bought the aftermarket one it was going to take them at least two hours to install it??
Did it myself in under half an hour. At the moment I have Motul Inugel in the bike since changing the impellor and it seems to be working a treat.