MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (3 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/)
-   -   Dashboard cracked on 2014 F3 800 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/244725-dashboard-cracked-2014-f3-800-a.html)

silentservice703 10-24-2019 11:57 AM

I can think of several ways to cause that damage by impact...intentionally, or accidentally.

That is certainly not freeze/thaw cycle damage.

Either way, it is certainly broken.

Goreela 10-24-2019 01:20 PM

Through a locked stretched cover? Anyway, no one answered my actual question. Thanks all

silentservice703 10-24-2019 03:21 PM

Yes...pipe comes to mind.

Goreela 10-24-2019 05:42 PM

Right.

taahir.lewis 10-25-2019 02:44 AM

I can't believe everyone is still trying to figure out what caused the damage.
Meanwhile, @Goreela is seeking advice on whether a 2015 instrument may or may not work on earlier F3 models?

nigelrb 10-25-2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taahir.lewis (Post 2606289)
. . . Meanwhile, @Goreela is seeking advice on whether a 2015 instrument may or may not work on earlier F3 models?

He's already solved and advised:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goreela (Post 2606073)
. . . If anyone was wondering about my original question, 2015 and up dashes will work on earlier model years


christosc 10-25-2019 05:41 AM

Goreela,

You have asked our opinion and you got it.
I am the only person here with exactly the same issue as yours and it was definitely due to impact (the evidence was still on the bike when I got to it). No visible marks were found around the dash nor the slightest crack of paint on the front fairing or on the screen around the dash in my case either.

I seriously doubt that yours cracked due to extreme temperature fluctuations.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Chris

nigelrb 10-25-2019 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christosc (Post 2606293)
Goreela,

I seriously doubt that yours cracked due to extreme temperature fluctuations. . .

Agree. After seeing the photos I accept my initial diagnosis was wrong. It's such a brutal crack. And with that in mind, if it had been caused by accident, most would simply remove any evidence of the cause. Shame, but true.:frown2:

silentservice703 10-25-2019 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goreela (Post 2606215)
Through a locked stretched cover? Anyway, no one answered my actual question. Thanks all

You did back in post #15.

You seem to be a bit defensive here. Several people independently suggested this was impact damage and you offhandedly discount that as impossible.

You state this: "Since this thing got sidetracked into people calling bullshit for ZERO reason, Im posting some pics." after i asked you to post some quality pictures. This is not endearing. No one called BS to your post...we just all want to definitively know what happened. I was beginning to think you were a very young person until you comments about racing and the industry. Now I am just curious about your diagnostic capabilities and forensic experience.

California you say? Inside a garage you say? Under a locked and stretched cover you say? That must have been one hell of a temperature swing. I would have expected Plastic Deformation to occur long before Fracture with Cracking Failure. Perhaps you did have a localized intense heat event that caused Chain Scission followed by that entire area exceeding its Critical Stress Intensity Factor.....

I once loaded a very nice 2008 MV Agusta F4 312R into an enclosed trailer. The bike was well secured and well away from any impact areas. When we opened the trailer after a half-day drive, a brand new Moto Corse Titanium windscreen was shattered. Hmm, there was no other obvious impact damage and that windscreen is Polycarbonate...much like your dash cover. As you know, the windscreen cannot be impacted from the sides in any meaningful way without first impacting the mirrors. It was obviously a side impact due to the nature and location of the cracking.

After we ruled out anything we could imagine except that it must have impacted the trailer wall, someone recalled that the driver had jumped a curb pulling out of a gas station causing the trailer to lurch. Our conclusion was that the mirror also impacted the side of the trailer causing the load to transfer to the windscreen in a way that snapped the screen. There was no damage or evidence of that on the mirror.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, stated by Sherlock Holmes.

I can be a bit of a snot when someone simply decides that the recommendations of several very knowledgeable people, also with years of industry experience, are told that they are somehow dissing your superior intellect and capabilities.

You have the answer you sought .

PTsalas 10-28-2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goreela (Post 2606215)
Through a locked stretched cover? Anyway, no one answered my actual question. Thanks all

You asked if anyone experienced this... Well we don't know what you experienced, hence why we asked questions relating to the crack.

The second question you asked was if anyone has changed to the new spec dash, silence on the matter is obviously clear that no, we haven't.

Have I missed the actual question?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.