MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (3 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/)
-   -   Dashboard cracked on 2014 F3 800 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/244725-dashboard-cracked-2014-f3-800-a.html)

Goreela 10-20-2019 05:40 PM

Dashboard cracked on 2014 F3 800
 
Hi all,

I had my dashboard crack all the way through, when parked. I havenít been able to ride it due to an injury. I pulled the cover off of the bike and the dash cracked all the way from the right side buttons all the way through the screen.

Anyone experience this?

I also went to my dealer and they said the 2014 dash has been discontinued. Anyone ever put a 2015 dash on a 2014?

Any help would be appreciated

Black_Gold_Saw 10-20-2019 07:57 PM

I think the discontinued dash is the one with red color background.
From 2015/2016 they started using a white background.

Not sure if they actually changed layout.

Goreela 10-20-2019 09:35 PM

Thanks!

PTsalas 10-21-2019 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goreela (Post 2605487)
Hi all,

I had my dashboard crack all the way through, when parked. I havenít been able to ride it due to an injury. I pulled the cover off of the bike and the dash cracked all the way from the right side buttons all the way through the screen.

Anyone experience this?

I also went to my dealer and they said the 2014 dash has been discontinued. Anyone ever put a 2015 dash on a 2014?

Any help would be appreciated

As mentioned above, the new dash has a white background and improved layout.

When you say "pulled off the cover" Did you mean rip off the cover? Im battling to get my mind how the dash got cracked? :surprise:

nigelrb 10-21-2019 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTsalas (Post 2605537)
. . . When you say "pulled off the cover" Did you mean rip off the cover? Im battling to get my mind how the dash got cracked? :surprise:

I read this as a fabric bike cover over the whole bike. Pending Goreela's confirmation, I think the bike has been parked outside and has suffered temperature cracking, ie hot sun, cool evening.:frown2:

Goreela 10-21-2019 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PTsalas (Post 2605537)
As mentioned above, the new dash has a white background and improved layout.

When you say "pulled off the cover" Did you mean rip off the cover? Im battling to get my mind how the dash got cracked? :surprise:

No. The motorcycle cover that was on the bike

Goreela 10-21-2019 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelrb (Post 2605539)
I read this as a fabric bike cover over the whole bike. Pending Goreela's confirmation, I think the bike has been parked outside and has suffered temperature cracking, ie hot sun, cool evening.:frown2:

You read it correctly. I think it may be temperature cracking too, the problem is the dash looks like itís been through a crash. The extent of the damage is severe. I just canít see how a spike in temps would cause a dash to have a half inch split on the side.

I live in Northern California too. Not many huge temperature swings here

silentservice703 10-21-2019 10:00 AM

Sounds to me like something impacted your dash while the bike was stored.

christosc 10-21-2019 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear that!
I had a similar thing happen to my bike! It was parked in a secured bicycle shed and some idiot threw a single mattress on top of the whole bike (I found the mattress resting against the wall and sitting on my bike). As a result the screen buckled and bashed the dashboard. The impact caused a few of the areas around the dash to crack. I don't think it was a malicious action, more of a lack of care coupled with idiocy.
I have since done a track day and luckily the cracks have not increased.
To me it sounds like someone has dropped something accidentally over your screen. Have you checked your screen for marks?

Goreela 10-21-2019 01:59 PM

No evidence of that. No damage anywhere else and the crack starts at the bottom right. Hard to get anything in that area to hit it hard enough and not damage anything else


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.