MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   New Member Introductions- Welcome to MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/161-new-member-introductions-welcome-mvagusta-net/)
-   -   New MV Agusta F3 800 RC owner... (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/161-new-member-introductions-welcome-mvagusta-net/244495-new-mv-agusta-f3-800-rc-owner.html)

AlienResidents 10-01-2019 04:09 AM

New MV Agusta F3 800 RC owner...

Hiyas!

From Melbourne, Australia. 161/500 is my F3 800 RC badge. Had it for 512KM (week or so), and loving it.

That throaty 3 cylinder pre-RC fitment is great! Like, I just can't get enough of it. Very much looking forward to the full kit at first service.

Rode it home on day 1 on wet roads and new tyres, and rain mode was nice, but I prefer the excitement of knowing the bike a bit better to correct out those sudden losses of traction. However, new front tyres are where I draw the line for nice and slowly controlled corners, and braking while wet, and mostly dry.

Had my 1st bike ages ago (42 now) at 7, and while a nice little 2-stroke dirt bike, it still thrilled me for the little Honda it was (no idea the model). Started with 3-wheelers, both Yamaha and Honda. Now after 10's of thousands of track KMs, and much more road KMs, I figured MV was the way forward, especially with the limited global runs for the F3 800 RC.

Ciao!

Pablotv 10-01-2019 04:18 AM

Polaroids plz Mr Alien👍🏍️

Black_Gold_Saw 10-01-2019 06:39 AM

Hello and welcome,

Good to see another rider have balls to ride new tyres in wet condition :D

Changed my tyres last week and ride back home was wet/damp.
Once you've ridden in seriously wet conditions you know how much grip motorcycle tyres really have :)

My very first riding lesson on a motorcycle started in rain, and increased heavily into a thunderstorm over a 50 minute period.
Soaking wet roads...and gear haha. Freezing cold hands.
10 minutes after ride was done, it turned back to normal rain. Coudnt have a more better first ride if you ask me.
Immediately learned how to be smooth with controls.

Anyways, upload some pictures of your bike(s). We would love to see it.
Just drag photos from the folder they're in to underneath the quick reply box.

esq'z me 10-01-2019 07:01 AM

Welcome to the family !!!

Small Honda 2-stroke for a 7 year old had to be a MR50..... Honda didn't build many 2-strokes other than the motocrossers...and I'm sure a 7 year old wasn't on a CR !!

Dariete 10-01-2019 10:29 AM

Congrats and welcome!! Please, post a pic of that beauty!!

Enjoy it!

Ago-daza 10-02-2019 11:33 AM

Welcome

AlienResidents 10-16-2019 08:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
She is in the shop getting her first 1000KM service.

These are the original photos I took while she sat in my garage on a nice sunny day. The one from inside is dark, and I tried to modify it to make it a bit more, uhm, light and pretty, and I'll throw those modified photos in the next post.

Chris-

AlienResidents 10-16-2019 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My modified photos, so, uhm, yeah. The best of my Google photos-fu.

Chris-

AlienResidents 10-16-2019 08:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Forgot the front view!

AlienResidents 10-16-2019 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by esq'z me (Post 2602155)
Welcome to the family !!!

Small Honda 2-stroke for a 7 year old had to be a MR50..... Honda didn't build many 2-strokes other than the motocrossers...and I'm sure a 7 year old wasn't on a CR !!

My dad said he thought it was a 200r, or a 125 something, but he couldn't remember exactly, but it was that style.

Oh yeah, definitely dirt bikes! We lived in a place called Hobart Bay, Alaska USA. Nothing but dirt roads there.

Also had one of those super heavy fat tire beasts, which from memory was also a honda, but built like a tank, or at least how I remember. I tried to find one on google, but the motra, and CCs were the closest, and in fairness could very well possibly be the motra, but I remember more bar frame, but close enough.

Nothing but off-road fun there, and lots of beach and quarry racing on the 3-wheelers and dirt bikes, from what I remember. The image attached is from the Oregon Sand Dunes, and like early 1980's.