MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   For Sale/Wanted - MV Related Items Only ! (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-sale-wanted-mv-related-items-only/)
-   -   WTB - Front wheel spacers (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/23-sale-wanted-mv-related-items-only/242911-wtb-front-wheel-spacers.html)

Foxtrot4 06-23-2019 05:26 AM

WTB - Front wheel spacers

As the title indicates, I am in search of spacers for the F4 front wheel in order to use a Gen2 front wheel on a Gen1 bike (07 F4). Thank you!

esq'z me 06-23-2019 10:02 AM

I think the lower fork legs are the problem here...may need to make a custom spacer for one side....there have been a couple of guys who have gone through this....find their threads.

Foxtrot4 06-23-2019 11:56 AM

I have read them, that is where I got the idea but was hoping that maybe someone was already making them or knew where to find some. Thanks!

christosc 06-24-2019 07:23 AM

My advise to you is to have them made to measure.
If you buy blind, then they might not fit.
It happened to me and I ended up having them made and still have the originals I purchased.

theknurl 06-24-2019 11:36 PM

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by esq'z me (Post 2583743)
I think the lower fork legs are the problem here...may need to make a custom spacer for one side....there have been a couple of guys who have gone through this....find their threads.

The problem isn't the fork legs.......they are stock RAC 50 forks and they are symmetrical

THE PROBLEM IS NO ONE HAS MEASURED A 2ND GEN FRONT WHEEL AND POSTED THE DIMENSIONS!!!!!!

I can fix the problem.......
I need someone capable of measuring the front wheel, this isn't the 1st time I've asked>:)>:)>:)

Presently I have 3, 1st Gen front wheels, my Brutale has RAC 50 forks on it........I need accurate dimensions

martybee58 06-25-2019 03:58 AM

The GEN1 and GEN2 wheels are the same if you ignore the spacers, apart from the hole through the middle. Simple as that. See here https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/56-su...s-2005-f4.html my last couple of posts. Based on that, I think it'll be quite difficult to fit the GEN2 wheels into a GEN1 bike but I don't know what the fork bottoms/spindle/fork spacings are like on a GEN1 so may be possible.....

Caviat: I have the F4RR with the ohlins forks, I used the F4RR discs on the GEN1 wheel.

I hope that helps?

theknurl 06-25-2019 06:34 PM

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by martybee58 (Post 2584099)
I hope that helps?

Not at all.......you gave no dimensions, all I learned is you used 6005-2RS bearings
Robert wants to put a 2nd Gen wheel on a bike with Marzocchi RAC 50 forks

martybee58 06-27-2019 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknurl (Post 2584233)
Not at all.......you gave no dimensions, all I learned is you used 6005-2RS bearings
Robert wants to put a 2nd Gen wheel on a bike with Marzocchi RAC 50 forks

My reply was primarily for you not Robert.

You are correct that I gave no dimensions at all but I did say "The GEN1 and GEN2 wheels are the same if you ignore the spacers, apart from the hole through the middle. Simple as that." - Just to add to that in case it was nt clear, the disc spacing and fixings are the same from the two wheels I have.

You had previously stated you have 3 GEN1 wheels, I had assumed you had measured those? If you then take the 25mm ID of the GEN2 wheels you have everything you need no? Or am i missing something like there are more than 2 types of wheel?

theknurl 06-28-2019 02:17 AM

?

Quote:

Originally Posted by martybee58 (Post 2584427)
My reply was primarily for you not Robert.

You are correct that I gave no dimensions at all but I did say "The GEN1 and GEN2 wheels are the same if you ignore the spacers, apart from the hole through the middle. Simple as that." - Just to add to that in case it was nt clear, the disc spacing and fixings are the same from the two wheels I have.

Marty.......
If 1st and 2nd Gen front wheels are the same.......they have 6907-2RS bearings.......
Which fit the early large 35mm axles......and with part #8000A3470 spacers they fit 25mm axles that are on all MVs
with RAC 50 forks

Looks like you wasted a bunch of time making shit........

And I still don't know the wheel dimensions........thanks for the help:wink2:

martybee58 06-28-2019 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by theknurl (Post 2584633)
Marty.......
If 1st and 2nd Gen front wheels are the same.......they have 6907-2RS bearings.......
Which fit the early large 35mm axles......and with part #8000A3470 spacers they fit 25mm axles that are on all MVs
with RAC 50 forks

Looks like you wasted a bunch of time making shit........

And I still don't know the wheel dimensions........thanks for the help:wink2:

The outer race of the wheel bearings are the same distance apart on both of the wheels I have. When you add the spacers you are in effect making the wheel wider (too wide to fit in my forks). The bearings in the modified GEN1 wheels currently fitted to my bike are in the same position (outer faces) as the bearings that i removed...... I just needed to get the ID down to 25mm, sleeve type spacers wont work because the fork and spindle would nt touch the inner bearing race.

See pic attached, Wheel width, Disc mounting faces and Disc ID are the same on both wheels that i have. The inner bore of the wheel is 25mm on the GEN2, 35mm on the GEN1. Obviously I measured them to compare the two but I did nt write down any dimensions that were the same as they can be ignored.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking the thread!! Hopefully based on the info provided someone will be able to give you the spacer dimensions you need.