MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Other Marques 2 Wheeled (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/32-other-marques-2-wheeled/)
-   -   Yamaha Tenere 700 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/32-other-marques-2-wheeled/242637-yamaha-tenere-700-a.html)

Nesca 06-07-2019 08:11 AM

Yamaha Tenere 700

What do you think about it?

Hawk 06-07-2019 08:21 AM

My take ....

If you want a road bike, buy a road bike. If you want an off roader, buy an off roader.

That said, I did some mild green laning on the previous model (XTZ660) and it was ok at it.

nigelrb 06-07-2019 09:20 AM

Not my scene, but doesn't Honda's Africa Twin have that market sewn up?

In saying so, speaking about them at my local dealer recently, sales have dipped quite dramatically. Better alternatives on the market?

Nesca 06-07-2019 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelrb (Post 2580437)

In saying so, speaking about them at my local dealer recently, sales have dipped quite dramatically. Better alternatives on the market?

The KTM adventure bikes probably? Chassis and definitely more exciting engines.
I would choose the Honda if I was going to tour Africa or South America though.

Nesca 06-07-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawk (Post 2580425)
My take ....

If you want a road bike, buy a road bike. If you want an off roader, buy an off roader.

That said, I did some mild green laning on the previous model (XTZ660) and it was ok at it.

The only reason I see is if someone wants to travel and explore over long distances, involving dirt.
As a tool. I don't know how much joy the bike can offer on dirt and definitely not on the road.

Arcimboldo 06-07-2019 11:13 AM

Una de esas motos que posiblemente cree un poco de controversia...

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nesca (Post 2580445)
As a tool. I don't know how much joy the bike can offer on dirt and definitely not on the road.

Ha >:)
Went by once in Rubi on my 12 Yam XTZ.

They had done THIS:

Nesca 06-07-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcimboldo (Post 2580459)
Ha >:)
Went by once in Rubi on my 12 Yam XTZ.

They had done THIS:

Me gusta!

Nesca 06-21-2019 08:33 AM

I spent some quality time on a Tenere 700 courtesy of an old bugger.

Very impressed. Yamaha pulled something special here I think. Well thought, balanced proposition.

The bike is light(considering) and flick-able. The engine very friendly and enjoyable. I would even say it has some character. In a strange plain way. Adequate suspension, gives you feeling. Much more capable on the road in those standard knobby tires than I assumed. I like the rally looking dash and general appearance of the bike. Right price.

Really nice bike for exploring. One could go around the globe I reckon.

By the way those 44 teeth guys pulled a nice review. Nice funny(in a British way) channel, give them some love.

@nigelrb The bike is a bit far from the Africa Twin. Different category, close to the KTM 790. I know it's blasphemy for you but leave the Honda clip-ons for a change and try one. You might enjoy it...

@Hawk The bike is nothing like the old model(660).

gotfolk 06-21-2019 11:05 AM

I am looking forward to taking one out for a test ride.

Those 44teeth guys are great!!

falcn 06-21-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nigelrb (Post 2580437)

No, not by a long shot. Seems to be the least desirable of the Adv bikes, even though it is really good.

KTM 790 Adv and 790 AdvR seem to be the hot one right now...
The 1090, 1190, 1290 Adv also are more popular than the AT

So is the R12xxGS

I am interested in the T700 - though Yam really dropped the ball not offering it in the states until a year after the 790. New BMW F800GS is out too...hot section of the Adv market. I probably won't buy one, as others interest me more.

I love Adv bikes :D