MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Lee's Kitchen Sink (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/)
-   -   I am done. (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/29-lees-kitchen-sink/242195-i-am-done.html)

silentservice703 05-09-2019 05:17 PM

I am done.

This has been a while coming and certain events of late have simply cemented things for me. Dealing with some of the S.O.S. time and again has taken its toll. The membership has changed...not necessarily for the better...and having to defend opinions against the tide of PC bullshit has taken the fun out of this.

For a while anyway, I am gone. I will pop in to check on the Gap thread and make sure that event come off as planned and without a hitch, but for now you can rely on members like @SAROY to give you good and proper advice, have you into his home for repairs, and get you the best deals possible on Fuel System parts. I am sure a guy who can't figure out the best way to break in his very own motorcycle will be of benefit to the forum. Certainly more than my tawdry advice.

Yes, @SAROY was the breaking point. After ALL of the other bullshit.

My contact info is below. If you have questions about The Gap event, or you think I might have something valuable to add to your quest for repair or parts, please don't hesitate to call/email/text or stop by. (That invitation is NOT extended to @SAROY)

I don't think I have signed off this forum in the last 10 years. Perhaps I'll forget how to sign back in.

esq'z me 05-09-2019 05:33 PM

:wtf: :lightning:banghead: :stopp: :( :shocker:

Al- 05-09-2019 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentservice703 (Post 2574603)
This has been a while coming and certain events of late have simply cemented things for me. Dealing with some of the S.O.S. time and again has taken its toll. The membership has changed...not necessarily for the better...and having to defend opinions against the tide of PC bullshit has taken the fun out of this.

For a while anyway, I am gone. I will pop in to check on the Gap thread and make sure that event come off as planned and without a hitch, but for now you can rely on members like @SAROY to give you good and proper advice, have you into his home for repairs, and get you the best deals possible on Fuel System parts. I am sure a guy who can't figure out the best way to break in his very own motorcycle will be of benefit to the forum. Certainly more than my tawdry advice.

Yes, @SAROY was the breaking point. After ALL of the other bullshit.

My contact info is below. If you have questions about The Gap event, or you think I might have something valuable to add to your quest for repair or parts, please don't hesitate to call/email/text or stop by. (That invitation is NOT extended to @SAROY)

I don't think I have signed off this forum in the last 10 years. Perhaps I'll forget how to sign back in.

Who is SAROY? I guess I'll just text you from now on.

Maximum Velocity 05-09-2019 06:10 PM

Saroy to annoy?

italia 05-09-2019 07:38 PM

Seems like the past 9-12 months, this forum has attracted some new members who just suck. WTF is going on? Seriously

R1andrew 05-09-2019 07:56 PM

Damn I have missed something. I agree Kevin. Things have changed over the past few years and yes more so in the last months. Sadly not for the better.

cruiser 05-09-2019 09:07 PM

Chuck,
I get it - I don't like it, but I get it.

This forum started well before the rise of culturally impacting Social Media platforms and the associated behaviours that they spawned. Regrettably, some of those behaviours have flowed into our global collaboration engine. This forum represents a wealth of technical, objective and subjective views collected (in the main) from a core group of which you're one of the juggernauts.

I tend to agree with Mr. Eskew on that front ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by esq'z me (Post 2574605)
:wtf: :lightning:banghead: :stopp: :( :shocker:

Hope it's just a little sabbatical

Tim

nigelrb 05-10-2019 02:15 AM

Well, what an attention-grabbing dummy spit!

The contents of this thread assassinate every new member who has joined over the past 12 months:

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentservice703 (Post 2574603)
. . . The membership has changed...not necessarily for the better...

Quote:

Originally Posted by italia (Post 2574641)
Seems like the past 9-12 months, this forum has attracted some new members who just suck. WTF is going on? Seriously

Perhaps I too am one who is shunned for my sarcasm and frequent voicing of opinion. I would expect though, if that were the case, that any person with a grievance might converse via PM rather than a public outing without any defined illustration of the grievance.

In balance though, I agree with, and have previously posted my own support:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiser (Post 2574649)
. . . This forum represents a wealth of technical, objective and subjective views collected (in the main) from a core group of which you're one of the juggernauts.

It is a shame, and not in the interest of MV owners or motorcycling in general, when a respected, long-standing member takes to grandstanding over such a minor issue regarding the 'running in' of a new motorcycle.

Deano 05-10-2019 02:57 AM

Man, things change all the time. I'm feeling my age more every day, not necessarily physically but in the way younger people think and act. This forum is for anyone interested in MV. If a post pisses you off don't reply. Easy as that! Man asked a question that escalated beyond it's content. No offense intended to anyone.

Cheers

Deano

Hawk 05-10-2019 03:02 AM

Ironically this is the last post on the running in thread ....

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentservice703 (Post 2574599)
Dude, let it go ....

It's the internet - get over yourself of learn to ignore