MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (All 4 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/)
-   -   F4 wont start when cold ?? (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/241783-f4-wont-start-when-cold.html)

rulookin 04-14-2019 12:42 PM

F4 wont start when cold ??
 
looking for a bit of direction with my F4 has new plugs , new air filter valve clearances are in spec fuel pump is priming once key is turned but the bike wont start right up it take a few tries to get her running then everything is fine will fire up no problem when hot ,

bikre is a 2013 F4rr

number2 04-14-2019 01:04 PM

how old is your battery? I put in a new lithium battery and it start first time every time

theknurl 04-14-2019 02:43 PM

?
 
Check the air temp sensor the test is in the service manual
:wink2:

silentservice703 04-14-2019 03:29 PM

@rulookin: AS Mv continues its model range, the phrase "my F4" loses more and more meaning.

We implore people to put their bike's year and model in their signature line...or at least in the inquiring post...so that teh correct information can be referenced.

Help us help you!

rulookin 04-14-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by number2 (Post 2569595)
how old is your battery? I put in a new lithium battery and it start first time every time

battery is new i will try giving it a charge

rulookin 04-14-2019 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theknurl (Post 2569613)
Check the air temp sensor the test is in the service manual
:wink2:

any chance you can send the test to me my bike is a 2013 F4 rr

theknurl 04-14-2019 05:21 PM

?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rulookin (Post 2569635)
any chance you can send the test to me my bike is a 2013 F4 rr

You can download the manuals for free from Donsy's site, it's in a sticky at the top of the page
:wink2:
All my info, parts and MVs are pre 2010

rulookin 04-14-2019 07:08 PM

2013 f4 rr
 
got the manual ,

does anyone know if the air temp sensor the same in the 675 or anyone know the part # for air temp sensor ?? trying to find one on ebay

theknurl 04-14-2019 09:04 PM

?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rulookin (Post 2569657)
got the manual ,

does anyone know if the air temp sensor the same in the 675 or anyone know the part # for air temp sensor ?? trying to find one on ebay

Download the parts manual too:wink2:

Tony F 04-15-2019 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulookin (Post 2569593)
looking for a bit of direction with my F4 has new plugs , new air filter valve clearances are in spec fuel pump is priming once key is turned but the bike wont start right up it take a few tries to get her running then everything is fine will fire up no problem when hot ,

bikre is a 2013 F4rr

Has the starting issue got worse since the bike was serviced or has cold starting always been poor? It might be worth checking the earth connection and the connection to the starter. If you have just replaced the battery presumably those connections are fine.

Does the bike have the latest ECU map loaded? It was released in service bulletin 166 issued in December 2015. That upgrade did include some changes to the starting sequence which improved starting on my F4RR. The map version for USA/Canada is 0515FF38. (My bike is a euro version so has a different map).

Have you tested the air temp sensor and found it is out of spec?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.