MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   F3 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/45-f3/)
-   -   Dealer suggesting I get sprag clutch “upgrade” then tells me something different (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/45-f3/238617-dealer-suggesting-i-get-sprag-clutch-%93upgrade%94-then-tells-me-something-different.html)

Goreela 07-28-2018 05:48 PM

Dealer suggesting I get sprag clutch “upgrade” then tells me something different

My dealer suggested a sprag clutch fix as a must have fix for my 14 F3 800. It has 3K miles on it.

then, when I went to schedule the change, they told me an ECU update is the first step, before looking at the sprag clutch.

My question is, how would an ECU update fix that?

airjawed 07-28-2018 06:09 PM

There are threads going into detail about sprag clutch issues but the reason for ECU update is that it has an update to the starting sequence that helps it start better.

Goreela 07-28-2018 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airjawed (Post 2527881)
There are threads going into detail about sprag clutch issues but the reason for ECU update is that it has an update to the starting sequence that helps it start better.

Thanks. I knew about the sprag issue, was just wondering why they’d push it off for an ECU update

KILIMAN1968 07-29-2018 10:19 AM

Check your clutch basket while youre at it.

It’s a £95 part for an updated basket, if you look at the thread ‘check your clutch basket you’ll maybe think it’s a good idea.
My bike is currently in the dealers with a shattered clutch basket which is eventually going to cost me £1200 to repair.

GCBC 07-29-2018 04:26 PM

as terrible as it was getting and learning how to use ecustudio id recommend getting it. you won't be able to get the throttle sensitivity to an acceptable level without adjusting it yourself. also a lipo battery.

Goreela 07-29-2018 07:43 PM

I’ve got a full Bazzaz FI/TCS/QS I’ve yet to put on it. I’m hoping to be able to get the throttle to be acceptable with it and clean up the TCS’s aggressiveness.

Also, after riding an Aprilia RSV, I REALLY want to fix the quick shifter. The stock ignition cutout feels lt lasts for 5 seconds.

Goreela 07-29-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILIMAN1968 (Post 2528013)
Check your clutch basket while youre at it.

It’s a £95 part for an updated basket, if you look at the thread ‘check your clutch basket you’ll maybe think it’s a good idea.
My bike is currently in the dealers with a shattered clutch basket which is eventually going to cost me £1200 to repair.

I’m probably going to change out the whole thing and get an EVR slipper. Good clutches with action almost as good as the STM, but much less expensive