MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Customising and Performance Section (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/)
-   -   RC Rear Cowl installed :( (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/230386-rc-rear-cowl-installed.html)

fingertight 02-24-2018 11:54 AM

RC Rear Cowl installed :(

4 Attachment(s)
I received the rear cowl and installed it. Not to happy at the moment. It doesn't fit right. I've made all the adjustments I can to the latch position but it's still off by several millimeters to one side.

It almost looks like the mounting piece for the pin is actually a bit off center so when it goes into the latch it moves it to the left. I'm going to take it off today and measure to see if I am correct. Has any one that has done this "mod" have any suggestions?

I love the look but for almost $600, I'd like it to be right.

silentservice703 02-24-2018 12:11 PM

Pretty good assessment there. Can you post pictures of the latch pin and receiver?

MV Arthur 02-24-2018 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ouch. I'm not near my bike right now but are you able to adjust the height of one of the subframe latches? If the latches that the cowl hooks into aren't fixed to the subframe, perhaps a washer under one side's bolt would solve your issue? Good luck and let us know if you find a solution.

jhollis 02-24-2018 05:01 PM

Hey mate,

I think as you know I have the same seat cowl and had it fitted to both my base F4 and now my RR.
Both times fit is not perfect but let me take some detailed pictures today and upload for you.
Mine has alwasy sat high at the back, few mm higher than the rear lights etc.

I agree for this money it should perfect though.

jhollis 02-24-2018 08:22 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here is mine

nigelrb 02-25-2018 03:16 AM

Very interesting thread, which I will eagerly follow. I have the same cowl cover on order for my 2007 F4, which I should receive this week.

Totally agree that for the price, (UK price was 304.02) we should not have to make adjustments, especially so with such a finely-crafted machine.

I am sure though, with a bit of thought and kind attention, we'll get it right.:smile2:

silentservice703 02-25-2018 08:13 AM

I does appear that the cowling Center Post is the culprit. The receiver on the bike is pretty sound.

MV Arthur 02-25-2018 10:13 AM

Chuck, not sure if it's me, or the pic, but the pin receiver on the bike looks way off. It looks off center in respect to the 2 bolts closest to it (it's closer to the top (right, sitting on bike)). The seat pin doesn't look centered either, but not by as much.

silentservice703 02-25-2018 10:20 AM

It does look a bit like that Art. I am thinking, were it my problem, I would loosen all of the fasteners related to the rear fairings and cowling...just enough to allow movement with firm pressure. Then, I would position the cowling and rear fairing so that it is the best it can be. Then I would carefully remove the cowling and snug up the fasteners while trying not to disturb the results.

MV Arthur 02-25-2018 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Excellent advice. I'm curious and will have a look at the latch hole receiver on my bike to see if it's off kilter as well.