MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Turismo Veloce (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/74-turismo-veloce/)
-   -   Questions? (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/74-turismo-veloce/228082-questions.html)

Teeps 01-14-2018 05:52 PM

Questions?
 
Has anyone removed the "X" that blocks the fuel hole?
&
How do you turn off the speed limiter?
That function is dangerous, as it is placed before cruise control function...
&
When adjusting the chain should the rear suspension be at one "G" or full droop?

MarcSilverTriple 01-15-2018 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teeps (Post 2413674)
Has anyone removed the "X" that blocks the fuel hole?
&
How do you turn off the speed limiter?
That function is dangerous, as it is placed before cruise control function...
&
When adjusting the chain should the rear suspension be at one "G" or full droop?


Speed limiter : it's either speed limiter or cruise control. While the cruise control disable itself by pressing brakes, the speed limiter need to be disabled manually (basically, the same way it was set: long press on the button if my memory is correct). But basically, I almost never use it, as the way it works is not really efficient (it actually starts to act about 15 km/h before the speed cap). And for the cruise control, I only found use for it on highways, where I almost never go...
Adjusting the chain tension : wheel on the ground, not on the central stand, with your normal preload. You may have a look to the manual :-)

Bumpkin 01-15-2018 03:39 AM

Teeps, did your bike come with the paper owners handbook and maintenance booklet. If not you can download these from my server here.

The full chassis workshop manual from here courtesy of Donsy of this parish. For the engine manual download the 'B3, 675, 800 and Rivale' one here (follow links to Donsy's site and scroll down), as there isn't a TV one available.

Teeps 01-15-2018 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple (Post 2413890)
Speed limiter : it's either speed limiter or cruise control. While the cruise control disable itself by pressing brakes,
the speed limiter need to be disabled manually (basically, the same way it was set: long press on the button if my memory is correct).

Adjusting the chain tension : wheel on the ground, not on the central stand, with your normal preload. You may have a look to the manual :-)

Thanks.
Yesterday I engaged the speed limiter just to see what goes on and the only way I could disengage it was by cycling the ignition the key.

Wheels on the ground, so the rear suspension loaded at one "G", thanks.

I'm not a stranger to adjusting chains as I was a moto mechanic back in the day.
But, it's been close to 20 years since I last had to fiddle with chain adjustment.
I was not sure and the manual is not really clear as to the proper bike setup for the adjustment procedure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumpkin (Post 2413906)
Teeps, did your bike come with the paper owners handbook and maintenance booklet. If not you can download these from my server here.

The full chassis workshop manual from here courtesy of Donsy of this parish. For the engine manual download the 'B3, 675, 800 and Rivale' one here (follow links to Donsy's site and scroll down), as there isn't a TV one available.

Thank Bumpkin.
I did get a printed owner's manual, and have downloaded the afore mentioned manuals.
They are far from comprehensive IMO...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.