MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   General Talk and Media (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/)
-   -   Michelin Power One (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/16-general-talk-media/22493-michelin-power-one.html)

minime 04-10-2009 01:37 AM

Michelin Power One

Anyone tried the new Michelin Power Ones road version yet? I am after more rear lean grip but still with milage of the Pilot Powers 2CT.

The Michelin Pilot Powers 2CT 190 x 55 are fine but I can feel them spin the rear tyre when I'm giving it some throttle around slow/medium speed corners (second gear corners).

The spin is predictable but does not make me go any faster around corners.

I'm running 32 PSI front and 32 PSI rear (cold temperature).

Velocemoto 04-10-2009 07:36 AM

You need to go to the racetrack to take your riding to the next level no matter what tires you are on....
The lean angles generated by a Pilot 2CT are far more than what is needed on the road IMO {51 degrees from all the literature}

To gain that angle on the road, you would have to be close to "fully commited" to that corner...I dont care what bullshit people spin, if you go
to the max lean of a pilot power on the road, you are commiting close to 100%.

Not judging, just saying I dont think any more grip is required for the road than a new 2CT.
If you are serious about going faster, bolt on a set of Diablo Supercorsas and hit the nearest racetrack, you'll never look back:-)

Greeneggs&ham 04-10-2009 08:18 AM

I am curious about these tires as well for the track. I run power races now and am looking to get the One's after i wear these out. I have the question posed on another board so i will post their comments for track riding when i get them.

john 04-10-2009 11:03 AM

I'm using Power Race, they are road legal, but I don't think I will be getting the longevity of a pair of 2CT's, I tend to agree with Pete, for road use Diablo corsas or 2CT's are as good as anything out there.

cryptyk 04-10-2009 12:21 PM

I use the 2CTs on the road, and do some pretty spirited riding in the canyons. I go through knee pucks as quickly as the next guy.

I know what you mean about the 2CTs breaking loose. I take that as an indicator that I'm going fast enough. I'm not racing against other people or the clock on the street. I'm not going to cross a finish line and bitch about my tires costing me precious seconds.

The 2CT is about as good as it gets for a high mileage tire. Your next step is to move to a full race tire and accept that it won't last very long they way you're riding.
Another option is to get a second set of rims/tires and slap on the crap set for commuting...

minime 04-10-2009 04:20 PM

It easy enough to use the whole tyre to the edge at 30km/h in a car park with my knees down. This does not mean I am fully commited.

On the road you can still be at full lean attacking the corner, but it does not mean I am 100% full on with no room for error or breaking any speed limit. I think its all about riding style. My style of riding is to attack the corner firmly but late as possible and taking it easy on the straights. This will give me better vision and options for which lines to take.

Knock on wood, I have never been booked for speeding ever since I started riding at 18 years old. I had a few warnings for numberplate and lane splitting but have not lost 1 point for speeding.

I am getting excellent milage from the 2CTs, ie about 10,000km from the rear tyres. I am after input on the new Power Ones. If they give me better grip without sliding then I'll take it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocemoto (Post 257951)
You need to go to the racetrack to take your riding to the next level no matter what tires you are on....
The lean angles generated by a Pilot 2CT are far more than what is needed on the road IMO {51 degrees from all the literature}

To gain that angle on the road, you would have to be close to "fully commited" to that corner...I dont care what bullshit people spin, if you go
to the max lean of a pilot power on the road, you are commiting close to 100%.

Not judging, just saying I dont think any more grip is required for the road than a new 2CT.
If you are serious about going faster, bolt on a set of Diablo Supercorsas and hit the nearest racetrack, you'll never look back:-)

meccano 04-10-2009 05:17 PM

I bought a pair of Diablo III late last year and have done three track days on them. Very sure footed and never a 'moment' yet, just changed them.

Pretty good dual compound tyre. Not as good as the Supercorsa PRO SC or Std road. But the Diablo III's do allow you not to take a set of wets with you, (unless you are really serious?). The Supercorsa on the other hand have no tread on about 40% of the tyre section and if it rains they are treacherous.

I have been happy with the 2CT in the past, maybe if you find you are exceeding the 2CT grip level you could give the latest diablo III rubber a try?

cryptyk 04-10-2009 05:35 PM

Sport Rider did a comparo this month on tires. They asked the manufacturers to send them their "best tire for street riding, and a couple of track days".
Michelin sent the 2CT and it "won" the comparo. I'll scan it in when I get home...

rents 04-11-2009 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minime (Post 258069)
It easy enough to use the whole tyre to the edge at 30km/h in a car park with my knees down.

WTF?

Velocemoto 04-11-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rents (Post 258126)
WTF?

Agreed...WTF ? :laughing:
Might have to fly to Sydney to watch your 30kph full lean carpark knee down minime
Love a good party trick

I find 170kph kneedown far more impressive :) {on a track of course}

......go to the track Minime !!! Please!
Your riding will redefine itself , and you will find a new definition for commiting to a corner.

From what i have read, you will love it.
If you don't think you need to go to the track you're in denial :-)

Try Pirelli diablo Supercorsas....spin those up mid corner , not