MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (All 4 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/)
-   -   Tingling scrotum Ooh Er Missus VIBES !!!! (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/216410-tingling-scrotum-ooh-er-missus-vibes.html)

AgustaRod 07-02-2017 06:35 PM

Tingling scrotum Ooh Er Missus VIBES !!!!

OK as the title suggests my Italian beauty 2006 F4 1000S has my nether regions all aglow the reason

I have a vibration through the rear of the fuel tank not at all revs as I go faster it disappears but as usual the rev range it appears at is where you do the most riding.

I have balanced throttle bodies and checked all bolts etc for tightness and all is ok

My next fix is to make a couple of rubber washers to insulate the tank at the frame support to dampen the effect but has anyone else felt this or even had it ?

The_castle 07-02-2017 08:45 PM

Oh no.
Randy is going to have a bloody field day with this......

The_castle 07-02-2017 08:52 PM

Ok.
Let's get the party started :

Komine KO SK-631-BLACK Anti-Vibration Inner Pants - Motoworld

Yes. Anti-vibration undergarments.

Paul.RP 07-02-2017 08:52 PM

That sounds enticing :-), I'd look at it as a unique feature hahahah

APU 07-03-2017 04:28 AM

No advise on the MV. When I ride my big bore single cylinder KTM, you learn to enjoy the vibes or move the crown jewels away from the tank when they get numb.

gotojoe 07-03-2017 06:18 AM

The 180 deg firing order of a Laverda Jota is on a whole different level mate ! ha ha

albymangled 07-03-2017 05:16 PM

Tingly gonads Rod?

Try to keep your eyes on the road and not the girls at the bus stop...

rsawkins 07-03-2017 07:30 PM

Put some weight on, a decent buddha belly will stop you getting the precious bits too close to the tank.

silentservice703 07-04-2017 08:35 AM

@AgustaRod: The tank is anti-vibration mounted. There should be a rubber bushing that the rear tank mount bolt goes through. Also, the front tank mount arms have rubber ends for vibration isolation. Check the condition of these before going through heroic effort. It is possible the rear rubber bushing is compromised or crushed or missing.

Now, as for the vibration affecting your dangly bits, I'd recommend wearing trousers when you are riding.....

AgustaRod 07-07-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentservice703 (Post 2296105)
@AgustaRod: The tank is anti-vibration mounted. There should be a rubber bushing that the rear tank mount bolt goes through. Also, the front tank mount arms have rubber ends for vibration isolation. Check the condition of these before going through heroic effort. It is possible the rear rubber bushing is compromised or crushed or missing.

Now, as for the vibration affecting your dangly bits, I'd recommend wearing trousers when you are riding.....

I knew the remarks would fall in but they are welcome and a great laugh Ohh Er!

All my rubbers (here we go again) are intact I think it is a normal vibe but it just gets a bit tingly when cruising so the moral is GOOOOOOo Fassttterrrrr .

I have implanted some washers and will report back as soon as I have ridden the MV again.