MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Customising and Performance Section (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/)
-   -   Microtec or Rexxer? (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-customising-performance-section/214401-microtec-rexxer.html)

uwiik 06-05-2017 06:14 AM

Microtec or Rexxer?

Hi all,

What would be better for my need. Yes both can tune fueling and timing but really don't see myself needing quickshifter or auto tune function on the Microtec and I can see myself needing diagnostic and TPS reset function of the Rexxer.

Correct me if I am wrong but from my limited research I am under the assumption that Rexxer (User version) would be a lot cheaper than Microtec plus the ability to perform TPS reset and diagnostic, something that I will need soon as I am trying to iron out my hunting idle rpm symptom.

Thanks

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

silentservice703 06-05-2017 07:54 AM

Again, what bike do you have?

revhead1957 06-05-2017 07:54 AM

You are confusing us with starting so many threads about the same symptom.

Get the bike to a competent mechanic with suitable diagnostic software. Get him to correctly adjust whatever is there before you go spending lots of money unnecessarily.

The Rexxer and the Microtec are not plug and play items. They require careful setup after installation by professional service people with the correct equipment.

uwiik 06-05-2017 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silentservice703 (Post 2276857)
Again, what bike do you have?

Sorry for the confusion. It's a 1090RR MY11.

gotojoe 06-05-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uwiik (Post 2277001)
Sorry for the confusion. It's a 1090RR MY11.

Ive had excellent results with a Microtec on my F4. It was however fitted and the bike professionally set up on the dyno by Chris at X Bikes UK.

Ive asked about the Mictotec for a 1090RR but I don't believe it supports ABS. However you would need to talk to the guys that specialize in this arena.... as I am a layman ...Send Chris an email..You'll find him on Google...

:smile2:Joe

uwiik 06-05-2017 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revhead1957 (Post 2276865)
You are confusing us with starting so many threads about the same symptom.

Get the bike to a competent mechanic with suitable diagnostic software. Get him to correctly adjust whatever is there before you go spending lots of money unnecessarily.

The Rexxer and the Microtec are not plug and play items. They require careful setup after installation by professional service people with the correct equipment.

Very sorry about the confusion, my questions at the other threads was although related are totally aimed for different questions and answers altogether. English is not my first language, so please excuse the confusion I might have caused [emoji1]

I wish the answer to my questions is as simple as bringing it to a competent mechanic. Problem is, there is no competent mechanic that I know of. There is one MV Agusta dealership in the country and sorry to say this but 90% of the so called mechanic here never touch the ECU let alone fiddly foot with reprogramming it, the one that can are always on the expensive 4 wheels bandwagon and for the price they charge to even touch the MM I can instead buy a Microtec or Rexxer and do it myself. I am comfortable using various ECU diagnostic and tuner/flasher for Harley, Triumph and Porsche. My understanding is that Rexxer will enable me to do just that? Something that Microtec seems to not offer? I haven't emailed them directly but thought I might ask here.

Many thanks in advance!!

jdgun 06-05-2017 09:54 AM

I used the rexxer flash on my Ducati 1199S, and ran into issues... maybe if you have the tuner you can get it sorted better, also have someone use it to dyno tune your bike..

Went with rapidbike and now she runs like a champ... will use rapidbike on my F3 800 when It gets here.

uwiik 06-05-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotojoe (Post 2277041)
Ive had excellent results with a Microtec on my F4. It was however fitted and the bike professionally set up on the dyno by Chris at X Bikes UK.

Ive asked about the Mictotec for a 1090RR but I don't believe it supports ABS. However you would need to talk to the guys that specialize in this arena.... as I am a layman ...Send Chris an email..You'll find him on Google...

:smile2:Joe

Yes I believe Microtec is very good, please correct me if I am wrong but Microtec is a programmable standalone ECU while Rexxer is more like a diagnostic software and flasher tool for the stock ECU? If I assume correct I will have more use for the later.

uwiik 06-05-2017 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdgun (Post 2277121)
I used the rexxer flash on my Ducati 1199S, and ran into issues... maybe if you have the tuner you can get it sorted better, also have someone use it to dyno tune your bike..

Went with rapidbike and now she runs like a champ... will use rapidbike on my F3 800 when It gets here.

I will need something that will allow me to do normal ECU related maintenance such as TPS reset. Rapidbike I believe is a piggyback?