MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Turismo Veloce (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/74-turismo-veloce/)
-   -   Cruise control wont engage ?? (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/74-turismo-veloce/194769-cruise-control-wont-engage.html)

Macduff 09-22-2016 01:03 PM

Cruise control wont engage ??

I've been trying to get cruise control to engage using either the lhs toggle and select button or the rhs cruise button but I've not managed to get it to engage.
Using LHS button I can toggle to the dash cruise menu and then holding the button in to select doesn't work nor does pushing or holding the rhs cruise button, I've tried this at various speeds (over the lower limit documented on user manual) and not had any success. Am I doing it wrong?

EvilSteve 09-22-2016 01:59 PM

You're in 6th gear when you try, right?

Macduff 09-22-2016 02:49 PM

Probably not, as I was trying this at speeds between 30 and 50mph (and trying not to crash when watching dash not engage cruise) so was probably in a lower gear . Will try it in 6th next time i'm on the bike (hopefully tomorrow)

JerseyBrut 09-22-2016 05:09 PM

What EvilSteve said :smoking: you need to be in 6th and (I think) in excess of 50 mph.

Macduff 09-24-2016 03:46 PM

Cheers all tried today and it works so definitely need to be in sixth gear, seem to have missed that in the manual.

EvilSteve 09-26-2016 08:23 PM

It's 6th gear and 30 mph, btw, at least in the US.

Bumpkin 09-27-2016 03:03 AM

If you're finding it won't engage, granted the OP has now found out why his isn't, it could be that either your clutch switch, quick-shifter or gear position sensor are playing up.

I'm currently waiting for a replacement QS sensor and found that the cruise control will only work if I switch off the QS from the dash settings menu. With QS turned on I get an error message stating that cruise control cannot engage on my dash.

Gear change detection, amongst other metrics, are obviously used in the cruise control cancelling system and, sensibly, if one of these sensors is in an abnormal state then it is inhibited from engaging.

Oddly I have no error message that my QS sensor is borked.

Terrys409 09-28-2016 11:20 AM

I love the cruise configuration on the MV because you can set the speed by number given on the dash, and it is not just an up or down button you hold for an approximate time. If you want to travel at 74, the screen looks like (73 74 75) and you shift right or left.

zulfadly 10-13-2016 03:30 AM

My cruise control used to be working but since i off off my qs, change my tc from 1 to 6 it doesnt work anymore.. when press the lhs button, it just indicate cruise control is off.. is it anything to do with the qs or tc?

Sent from my BV5000 using Tapatalk

Bumpkin 10-13-2016 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulfadly (Post 2114281)
My cruise control used to be working but since i off off my qs, change my tc from 1 to 6 it doesnt work anymore.. when press the lhs button, it just indicate cruise control is off.. is it anything to do with the qs or tc?

Not quite sure what you mean by "i off off my qs"? If your quick shifter isn't working then cruise control won't work either so long as the QS is still enabled via the dash menus. That's my experience with my TV anyway. Waiting for a new QS sensor from Italy, have been since mid June...

If I disable the QS via the dash menus then cruise works again. Not that I do many freeway/motorway miles so it's something of a non issue for me.

Not sure if the cruise control uses the QS sensor to detect a gear change (and disengage), ergo if it's detected as malfunctioning it will disable cruise control as a safety interlock?