MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   F3 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/45-f3/)
-   -   Night riding (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/45-f3/192706-night-riding.html)

manicguitarist 09-05-2016 04:14 PM

Night riding

Anyone here done anything to improve the lights? Or have I just gotten used to the upgraded light-house-beams that I've got on my RVF. :)

PTsalas 09-05-2016 05:10 PM

Ive got the Xenon HID kit from MV. Nice colour and brightness, but I'll let you know about the night riding as yet to do it.

116618LN 09-08-2016 09:34 AM

I just received my Xenon HID kit from MV today, now need to somehow install.. Original lights are pretty bad for night riding, thats why i ordered the HID's

manicguitarist 09-08-2016 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 116618LN (Post 2074570)
I just received my Xenon HID kit from MV today, now need to somehow install.. Original lights are pretty bad for night riding, thats why i ordered the HID's

Let us know the difference in brightness!

116618LN 09-08-2016 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, almost done. Will finish up tomorrow, testing in my Dining room where it's kept, it's seems the difference is "night and day".

Install quite easy, wires could have done with being 5cm longer...

116618LN 09-09-2016 05:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finished installing today, you do have to pretty much remove all fairings for a clean install.

Just been for a night ride, definitely an improvement over stock but could still be a little better. Another good thing is that the actual bulb seems to come in its own reflective housing so there isn't really much glare that you may see on aftermarket HID kits on some Japanese cars etc.

Definitely worth doing, here's a crappy picture in the garage with the lights off.

Aldn3nrqz 10-21-2016 12:28 PM

Trying to install the Xenon HID kit for the F3 and the instructions that came with it is vague. Can anyone shed some light on exactly what fairings and parts need to be removed in order to install the Xenon HID. The more detailed the better.

Aldn3nrqz 10-24-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 116618LN (Post 2075866)
Finished installing today, you do have to pretty much remove all fairings for a clean install.

Just been for a night ride, definitely an improvement over stock but could still be a little better. Another good thing is that the actual bulb seems to come in its own reflective housing so there isn't really much glare that you may see on aftermarket HID kits on some Japanese cars etc.

Definitely worth doing, here's a crappy picture in the garage with the lights off.

116618LN,

Thanks for response. I thought it was going to be plug and play apparently I'm wrong:confused:. Would you be able to also show a pic of the headlight lid of your final install. I can't PM reply because I dont have enough posts.

Aldn3nrqz