MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (3 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/)
-   -   F3 lights stopped working (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/177298-f3-lights-stopped-working.html)

Dec_Tater 04-23-2016 11:49 PM

F3 lights stopped working

Hi guys, I got back from the track yesterday with my F3 and connected my lights (turn signals)and put the fuses back in. I pulled the brake leaver and the light came on, then I pressed the turn signal and neither of them worked and the brake light stopped working. I tried replacing the fuses, but it didn't work. This happen to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Declan

Jogort 04-24-2016 03:36 AM

I would go back and check all the connections. Maybe even disconnect them all, then reconnect one at a time and test after each one.

Dec_Tater 04-24-2016 12:21 PM

thanks, tried that and it didn't do anything. The tail light works but the brake light doesn't. It did until I tried the turn signals. It seems like a fuse blew but I checked and replaced the fuses and it didn't help.

idahomike 04-24-2016 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dec_Tater (Post 1924130)
thanks, tried that and it didn't do anything. The tail light works but the brake light doesn't. It did until I tried the turn signals. It seems like a fuse blew but I checked and replaced the fuses and it didn't help.

Turns & stop are on F6. If the horn doesn't work also, I would put a meter on F6 to make sure it is good, don't just do a visual check.

GREGOSTINI 04-24-2016 06:29 PM

You may have pinched the front indicator wires between the fairing and stay, and created a short. This happened to someonen else on here before.

Dec_Tater 04-24-2016 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GREGOSTINI (Post 1924410)
You may have pinched the front indicator wires between the fairing and stay, and created a short. This happened to someonen else on here before.

That sounds like what could have happened since it just went when I tried to turn on the indicators. Do you happen to know how it was resolved? (I am pretty clueless once it's more than changing the fuse)

Thanks
Declan

GREGOSTINI 04-24-2016 06:41 PM

You would have to remove the front fairing to check those wires. You may get away with just using some insulation tape, if you're lucky. If that is the cause of the problem.

Dec_Tater 04-24-2016 07:02 PM

Excellent, ill try that. I just hope I don't have to take it to the shop.

PTsalas 04-25-2016 05:04 AM

I HATE the F3's front indicator connectors. I managed to accidentally push mine into the fairing... Now got to take the front nose off just to get it back again.

PTsalas 04-25-2016 05:05 AM

Are you blowing fuses though?