MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (3 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/)
-   -   Trickle charger port?? (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/174473-trickle-charger-port.html)

DeputyMitchell 04-01-2016 01:34 PM

Trickle charger port??

Ok, I promise to leave and never come back lol but where the hell is the trickle charger socket on the 800rr?

DeputyMitchell 04-01-2016 01:35 PM

Got it!! ����

DeputyMitchell 04-01-2016 01:50 PM

Just checking... Key in, turned and dash came on as normal etc, no front light and didn't start or even attempt. Put in the charger ad green light blinking softly. This says part 5 is executing. Do I need to wait until
Green light is fixed? Any idea how long the process takes?

Jogort 04-01-2016 01:54 PM

Yes, wait until the green light is solid. I came home after 5 weeks away and my battery was down to just over 8 volts on the Dragster. I left mine overnight on the trickle charger and fired up no problem the next morning.

DeputyMitchell 04-01-2016 01:59 PM

Cheers Jogort!! Just had some doubts as the dash was fine but lights not working. Thought it could be something else.

Ackers 04-01-2016 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeputyMitchell (Post 1894841)
Got it!! ����

So you think your battery is flat?
Headlight doesn't come on until the bike is running (I don't think so anyway?) are you sure it's
A. Not in gear
B. Pull clutch in to start
C. Kill switch not pressed in

If your talking about the charger that came with the bike I'm not sure the light/led flashes? I thought it lit up yellow when charging and changed to green when charged.

I always leave my bike plugged into the charger when it's not being used, never had a problem ;)

Jogort 04-01-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ackers (Post 1894889)
So you think your battery is flat?
Headlight doesn't come on until the bike is running (I don't think so anyway?) are you sure it's
A. Not in gear
B. Pull clutch in to start
C. Kill switch not pressed in

If your talking about the charger that came with the bike I'm not sure the light/led flashes? I thought it lit up yellow when charging and changed to green when charged.

I always leave my bike plugged into the charger when it's not being used, never had a problem ;)

You're right the headlight doesn't come on until the bike is running but the charger that came with the Dragster RR ( I'm assuming it's the same on the Brutale 800RR) only has red/green colours and different flashing speeds to indicate stages of charge.
Could still be a different problem though, as even with my battery low I at least got dash flickering or attempted starter clicking.

DeputyMitchell 04-01-2016 02:05 PM

Defo in neutral!
Kill switch out.
Clutch pulled as usual.

Yeah, using the charger that came with it after going out to find an adaptor!

Will leave it a few hours and go back and try again.

Ackers 04-01-2016 02:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe they've changed since the one I got with my Brutale 800 3 yrs ago?

Attachment 305769

DeputyMitchell 04-01-2016 02:16 PM

Update, rear lights are on, dash is on... All seems perfect!!

Usual starting process I always use but nothing when the button is pressed! Any advice?