MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Rivale and Stradale (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/62-rivale-stradale/)
-   -   2016 Stradale (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/62-rivale-stradale/156738-2016-stradale.html)

RD2015 10-13-2015 08:55 AM

2016 Stradale

I'm in the early stages of more than likely getting a Stradale and am wondering if anyone knows if there are any changes for the 2016 model. Apparently that's what I'll be getting because I have to wait until after 25 October to get it ordered from the factory and then wait another 3-4 weeks after that for delivery.
Getting the newest model year is good, but I hope it will still come in the red/silver the 2015 has. The addition of heated grips would also be Much appreciated. There's already a mention of snow in the forecast here and I use them quite often on my S1KRR.

Few more questions.. does anyone have a factory security system installed? I had my 2012 ZX6R stolen after I wrecked it, so a security system is sort of not an option for me anymore. And how good are these for two people? My wife won't touch my S1KRR anymore and I can't stand my Ninja 250 she likes, so I'm getting the Stradale to make both of us happy.

danke

justin2 10-16-2015 10:49 AM

Can't answer about security or heated grips but can say I've owned mine for around 6 months and absolutely love it and yes my wife does come out with me quite regular and although it's not hugely comfortable it is comfortable enough so fit for purpose I'd say!

RD2015 10-23-2015 05:18 AM

Thank you for the review, justin2. The dealer I'm going through met with a factory rep and the 2016's go into production on 25 October with no changes at all; same colors, same price (here at least), and unfortunately still no heated grips. As soon as I can sell my third car I never use, I'm going to put down the money on it and hopefully have a nice early Christmas present. They can install the security system at the factory, so I'm going to do that along with getting the back container thing so my wife will get on the back.
If you don't mind me asking, approximately what size are you and your wife? I know this bike isn't huge, but that's what I like most about it because I have to fit it and my S1KRR behind the Smart in our one parking spot.

justin2 10-23-2015 06:24 AM

I'm 5ft 11" and 14st my wife around 5ft 7" and 8.5 st and will be getting the top box also in time for next summer just so it's a little more comfortable for my wife so she can relax a little more on longer runs

RD2015 10-26-2015 03:32 AM

Very good, thank you again. The Stradale seems a little tiny in real life and I've never had a chance to actually sit on one, but now I'm not worried as we're close enough in size.
Hoping to get the ball rolling soon before the weather gets really bad, although it's amazingly nice out so far today; nice for Germany at least..
Speaking of bad weather, have you had much experience riding when it's not very nice? I would never ride in direct rain or when I know it's going to be a very bad day, but I'm getting the Stradale to basically be my daily rider. I don't like cars at all and usually only drive one once every week or two, so I want something safe. Currently I ride my 2007 Ninja 250 when there's a chance of rain, but that thing is scary without ABS, TC, and all the other electronic things I've become Very used to with my BMW.

justin2 10-26-2015 06:13 PM

Although I don't do a lot of riding in bad weather I have used it during our summer when it was relatively cold and wet and found it to have quite decent protection from the weather and handled really well!

RD2015 10-28-2015 08:04 AM

Do those hand guards do anything to keep your hands warm? I rode my Kawasaki in this morning after being on the BMW the previous days and I remembered how nice heated grips are. My commute is only about 5 miles, but we've had cold fog the past couple days and it bites right through my gloves.
Also, is there an LED on the front of the hand guards where the turn signal is? I've watched several videos to try to figure it out, but only one looked like it had an LED marker of some type that stayed on like a headlight. Hopefully it has something like that because one of the features I like most about this bike are the lights; old ladies here are apparently extremely blind yet still allowed to be dangerous drivers..

Red800 10-28-2015 04:13 PM

If you can find out the manufacturer for the heated grips from the TV they may do a set that could fit the stradale, I have them on the TV and they are great, really warm on setting 1 of 3, maybe drop MV an email and ask them who make them or if they have any plans to add them to special parts. Worth a try mate.

Arcimboldo 10-28-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RD2015 (Post 1703153)
Do those hand guards do anything to keep your hands warm?...

Nope

They got to vent holes that makes it worse:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/866e...6da7114758.jpg

My commute is a hell of a lot longer.
But here it rarely goes under 40F.
Good pair of waterproof gloves is enough.
if I ever needed heated grips I would get them from my usual store.

Those 2 holes in the hand-guard are a bother at night.
The bright LED running lights leak a lot of light inside the hand-guards!

This is bad.

Same thing with the windscreen.
It sends a lot of the headlight glare back under the dash cover.

Before:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/ce19...c51e76d785.jpg

After a bit of black foam filler:

http://tof.canardpc.com/preview/74ae...081d8f9342.jpg

Ok it's ugly
but night ride is now a lot more comfortable.

justin2 10-29-2015 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red800 (Post 1703529)
If you can find out the manufacturer for the heated grips from the TV they may do a set that could fit the stradale, I have them on the TV and they are great, really warm on setting 1 of 3, maybe drop MV an email and ask them who make them or if they have any plans to add them to special parts. Worth a try mate.

According to my dealer there are the same so you can fit them from the TV and they cost about 180 he said but was not 100% sure that was the exact price, as for hand guards they do make a considerable difference even though they have a vent which is there for summertime, this is in comparison to the b3 800 I owned