MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Maintenance & Tech. Issues (3 Cyl. Models) (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/)
-   -   New Dragster RR - US Maint. Questions (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-maintenance-tech-issues-3-cyl-models/144738-new-dragster-rr-us-maint-questions.html)

Jeffa55 06-16-2015 02:23 PM

New Dragster RR - US Maint. Questions

Hello all...

Just picked up a 2015 Dragster RR here in the US (Massachusetts) and had a few questions:
1 - I have tried to find an oil filter that will work online... is there anyone in the US that sells oil filters for this bike? Will filters from earlier 800's fit this bike?
2 - How about crush washers? Does this motor use them?
3 - the only issue I have had so far is that the right side mirror will not tilt 'up' enough... it hits the brake guard. The guard is keyed into the handle grip so I can't adjust it downward to allow the mirror to angle up more... anyone else have this issue? it looks like the brake guard is angled slightly higher than the clutch guard.

GREAT bike overall... the best looking bike I have ever seen.

Thanks!

silentservice703 06-16-2015 03:40 PM

Jeffa55...I use Cycles 128, Beverly MA for parts, including oil filters. Josh is a good guy and will get what you need if he doesn't stock it.

Where in MA are you?

Chuck

TJLincoln 06-16-2015 09:35 PM

34 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffa55 (Post 1549026)
Hello all...

Just picked up a 2015 Dragster RR here in the US (Massachusetts) and had a few questions:
1 - I have tried to find an oil filter that will work online... is there anyone in the US that sells oil filters for this bike? Will filters from earlier 800's fit this bike?
2 - How about crush washers? Does this motor use them?
3 - the only issue I have had so far is that the right side mirror will not tilt 'up' enough... it hits the brake guard. The guard is keyed into the handle grip so I can't adjust it downward to allow the mirror to angle up more... anyone else have this issue? it looks like the brake guard is angled slightly higher than the clutch guard.

GREAT bike overall... the best looking bike I have ever seen.

Thanks!

Same issue for me on the mirrors. I loosened it up and found it keyed... Doh!

Atom 06-18-2015 02:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yea those mirrors are the least of your worries. Enjoy the bike but don't be surprised when odds things start to pop up. The engine is amazing but the build of the bike will make you question life. Perfect example is the mirrors.

Jeffa55 06-18-2015 12:57 PM

I bought it at cycles 128... and I met josh... all GREAT guys... they are just too far for me (over an hour each way in tough traffic).... so I want to do the service myself... but I guess I can buy the parts there.

Atom - I have ready about the sprag thing and I 'hope' that it doesn't happen to me... are there other issues to look out for on the new RR? if it becomes a train wreck, I'll just buy something else :-)