MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Classic (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/14-classic/)
-   -   125 Sport (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/14-classic/107578-125-sport.html)

Nathan 07-25-2014 12:04 AM

125 Sport

1 Attachment(s)
Well after a couple of years of having the fairing stored in the shed, I have finally found someone who I have entrusted the little baby too to fit the fairing and to fit a little after market exhaust as well. Over the next couple of weeks it will be getting some more tlc in the way of new Pirelli rubber and a little service as well. All being well will have it all finished up ready for the summer. It will probably see a little track day for a run this year too, a little more exciting than a coffee run, but at the same speed though!
Attachment 163250

MVista 07-25-2014 02:13 AM

Hey Nathan!!!

Wow, been a while, so the old girl is moving out of the hallway? From a pampered house princess to a track whore??? OMG - :jsm:

That looks a neat fairing you sourced, excellent lines, it should look fantastic when finished please make sure that you update this thread or post a new one, I for one certainly want to see it! :yo:

Hope you've been well and married life is treating you equally as well (I am sure it is) :)

Cheers
Rob

Nathan 07-25-2014 02:37 AM

Rob she will still live in the hallway.
I won't say what the fairing is off, as it may be considered sacrilege....but I will point out it has never been on one though.
Will keep pictures coming as it progresses over the next few weeks or couple of months, the time frame depends on the painter.
Yes married life going really well. Have a new addition to the family as well. A little girl named Amelia. Nearly 6 months old and going really well. She never came with an MV logo but she will be certainly growing up knowing all about them and hopefully one day riding one.

MVista 07-25-2014 02:59 AM

I have a pretty good idea what that fairing is from but it is period correct so we'll just allow it to slide & pretend otherwise ;)

My warmest Congratulations to both you - that's wonderful and what a beautiful name for a little girl. This is life changing (as I am sure you know by now - hehe) I am sure Amelia will be like my Liana & know exactly what an MV logo is and represents and will astound some of the 'blokes' with her knowledge as she gets older.

Nice to see it will stay in the hallway - I love that!!!! I now have 3 bikes in the house - so I've (against my expectations) broken my wife's resistance/resolve, the key is getting that first one inside :laughing:

Congratulations again Nathan & all the very best to you mate :)

Nathan 08-01-2014 12:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Progressing a little further now. The exhaust all made up and fitted.
Excited to hear what it sounds like!
Attachment 164818

MVista 08-01-2014 03:43 AM

Hi Nathan,

Is that a megaphone or is a baffle installed - If it is a megaphone it will blow you away. You will not only believe how loud it is but also how deep the sound is from a single cylinder 125!

I know as I got a Magni megaphone for mine ran (on the road for about 3 years), I've now had my muffler guy build a baffle which is welded in place, looks fantastic - everyone needs to grow up at some stage, the cops gave me a little helping hand in this regard :laughing:

Cheers
Rob

JSM 08-03-2014 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Nathan,
Well well............changes on a number of fronts :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:congrats re the family and now you have a 2 x little tackers :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::):) glad to see my baby still in good hands and getting a make over:yo:
:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Nathan 08-03-2014 07:53 AM

Hi Rob, yes it is a megaphone, what are baffles, it will be on the track! Grow up.... It's nearly 40 years old and still only a 125! It would be nice if it did grow an extra 3 cylinders though. One day hopefully.
Thanks Julian, but don't worry about your little one, it's nothing permanent, all bolted on and easy to put back. This is why it has been a couple of years before I had the fairing fitted. Wanted to make sure it was in good hands with someone I trusted. You will need to bring her big brother over for a trip one day.

Nathan 02-06-2015 01:30 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well it has been a few months, but have finally got the bike back from the painter. Did need to wait as he only operates out of his shed after hours. I think though the results are well worth the wait! Everything has now all been completed, except for some No 1 stickers. Service, new exhaust fitted, new tyres and the fairing all fitted and painted. I will be taking her out for some track time in March, as not being registered anymore sort of puts a stop to riding her on the road, there is also the little problem of no indicators and no headlight now also.
Attachment 205233
Attachment 205241
Attachment 205249

adrian 02-06-2015 02:57 AM

Very nice work ,worth the wait for sure