MVAgusta.net

MVAgusta.net (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/forum.php)
-   Brutale B4 (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/)
-   -   Lets see your undertails! (https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-brutale-b4/1025-lets-see-your-undertails.html)

oicdn 04-11-2006 10:35 PM

Lets see your undertails!

I want to get rid of the monstrosity of a rear fender, but can't find a solution. There was one guy on the greenspun forums who had taken his off, and just bent his plate and stuck it in the odd shaped hole. Looked OK, sans the bent plate and the fact behind the plate, there was the hole. :laughing: I liked the clean look of nothing there though.

I like the look of the rear blinkers...well, compared to jap bikes as they're not huge and ugly looking. So I may keep the rear blinkers, but I definitly want to get rid of the fender, and if it looks clean enough, I may just do the Pirates liar conversion, or the conversion on eBay where it uses the existing taillights, as I'm not 100% a fan of the LEDs in the holes. On an F4 considering there's the 4 exhaust tips, it matches it better, on the Brutale it may look a bit busy....

I just wanna see what everybody else has, and some pics!!!! :smoking:

agusta01 04-12-2006 03:24 AM

oicdn, this is just about the only bit I have left stock (well the hanger is now carbon), but I don't mind the rear, and Im with you on the indicators being quite ok....each to their own, but I like the stock MV rear :)

john 04-12-2006 04:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I know this is a Brutale thread, but I thought you might like to see these anyway. I got the carbon licence plate holder from my dealer. He'd been offered it by a guy who was selling his carbon parts and I got it for 50. The problem here is that licence plates have to be quite large by law. The police come down hard on you if you are caught with an undersized plate. I think it's to give the speed cameras an easier time!! :bawling: I would like to go the route of having LED indicators in the tail vents at some stage, but I think that's technically illegal here too. :blush:

awiner 04-12-2006 04:22 AM

You can use the fender eliminator kit that Pro Italia sells:

http://www.proitalia.com/images/92022_bike.jpg

odonata 04-12-2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by john
I know this is a Brutale thread, but I thought you might like to see these anyway. I got the carbon licence plate holder from my dealer. He'd been offered it by a guy who was selling his carbon parts and I got it for 50. The problem here is that licence plates have to be quite large by law. The police come down hard on you if you are caught with an undersized plate. I think it's to give the speed cameras an easier time!! :bawling: I would like to go the route of having LED indicators in the tail vents at some stage, but I think that's technically illegal here too. :blush:

sexy pictures of your undertail :naughty:

Sorry, the heading of this thread just demands so much special attention!

alvin 04-12-2006 05:38 AM

Those large license plates... :green:

oicdn 04-12-2006 01:38 PM

I think the carbon ones are OK, but I think it's only because it's made of carbon :stickpoke
If it were plastic, I don't think many would buy it....

I was looking at the one Pro Italia sells, but it too looks like it leaves a hole/doesn't fill in the stock space completely....

curi0usmind 04-12-2006 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I had started this undertail with intentions to fill the holes and color match to factory, but been to busy riding.

agusta01 04-13-2006 05:04 AM

That looks great...we in Australia would be pulled over so quickly it not true!
We can get away with small plates, but not plates fixed so far into the tail, but yours looks really good!!

john 04-13-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agusta01
That looks great...we in Australia would be pulled over so quickly it not true!
We can get away with small plates, but not plates fixed so far into the tail, but yours looks really good!!

Same here Graham. If I had a plate that size and in that position, PC Plod would think it was his birthday if he saw me riding around. 60 fine and 3 points on the licence (Ker-ching!!!) :shocker: