LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

1963 TVR Grantura

Nes

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

TVR Sagaris

Such a same this company went bust. Along with other British gems.

Supposedly they are bringing new creations 2019.

Nes

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 04:28 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Send a message via MSN to JDS
I've always liked TVR's ( or Trevor to give it it's proper name) ..

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away galaxy, I used to work as an Insurance Assessor for a large Car Insurance company here in the UK. I once went out to do an insurance repair estimate on a TVR at a local garage in London... The car was parked outside at the repairers yard and the weather was lashing down with rain. So I thought I'd sit in the TVR to get out of the rain and start filling out my paperwork.

I then went to get out of the car and could I find the door release latch ?... Could I F**K !!

I rang 3 of my colleagues before one of them remembered that the interior door release mechanism was a hidden button underneath the steering column.. It was like trying to learn to read braille to open the interior doors on this TVR.

Ever since that day, I loved the quirkiness of the brand.
nigelrb likes this.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDS View Post
I've always liked TVR's ( or Trevor to give it it's proper name) ..

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away galaxy, I used to work as an Insurance Assessor for a large Car Insurance company here in the UK. I once went out to do an insurance repair estimate on a TVR at a local garage in London... The car was parked outside at the repairers yard and the weather was lashing down with rain. So I thought I'd sit in the TVR to get out of the rain and start filling out my paperwork.

I then went to get out of the car and could I find the door release latch ?... Could I F**K !!

I rang 3 of my colleagues before one of them remembered that the interior door release mechanism was a hidden button underneath the steering column.. It was like trying to learn to read braille to open the interior doors on this TVR.

Ever since that day, I loved the quirkiness of the brand.

Ha ha haaa...how many hours did you remained "locked"?

Is it true what is being said John, that Thatcher policies killed independent/specialized car industry(among other sectors) in the UK?
Or is it polarized political oversimplification?

Nes

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:30 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesca View Post
Ha ha haaa...how many hours did you remained "locked"?

Is it true what is being said John, that Thatcher policies killed independent/specialized car industry(among other sectors) in the UK?
Or is it polarized political oversimplification?
I wasn't trapped that long, but luckily I saved myself from a huge embarrassment and I got out of the car before the Body-shop manager came out to see how I was getting on with the estimate.

Thatcher can be blamed for a lot of things that's wrong with the UK to date ( mainly the increase of Capitalist greed and a cultural change to "I'm alright Jack" attitude amongst the general public) but what killed off the small independent car manufacturers was a change in the Safety Regulations both in Europe and other Global markets.. Things like ABS, Crash Safety Zones , Airbag systems and other related safety features that we all take for granted in modern cars is what finished off the small car manufacturers. That's not a fact, it's just the way I see what happened to car builders like TVR, Jenson, Marcos and many more.

Sad really, as who wouldn't want a modern day Triumph TR4-A or big straight 6 Austin-Healey.

EMAIL :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDS For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

1974 Jensen Interceptor

Yep.

Nes

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 07:38 AM Thread Starter

You tube and its suggestions...
Check that out:

Nes

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:26 AM

New Site Garage
I owned a TVR Chimaera for many years as a daily driver, 4.0HC V8 and what a fab car once all the issues were sorted, it would eat rear bushes in the trailing arms every 5k miles. I loved it. before and after the car I have many mad motors and still regard the TVR as the best, not for reliability but for sheer enjoyment and general ownership. It went too and from work everyday, did prestigious car shows during the weekends and scared the crap out of you if used correctly, those were the days. The only thing to come close is my current Boxster, even though seriously more refined than the TVR. The door opener was a big silver knob in the middle that you twisted, many a female company struggled with twisting my knob. Pics are a little ropey as it was a few years back.
Attached Images

JDS and Nesca like this.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:49 AM
JDS
King of Bling

Nes

I'm a huge, huge admire of the late great Jim Clark.

Back in the late 1970's I had a Ford Lotus Cortina, which came fitted from the factory with proper racing Dunlop wheels and "A" frame rear suspension set-up.

Jim Clark used to race a properly race prepared Lotus Cortina and was a master at Brands Hatch. Unfortunately, I never got to see him racing.

On the new series of Grand Tour, that little annoying prick Hammond was given the opportunely to actually drive Jim Clark's Lotus F1 cars.. WFT !!! .. I can't believe that waste of space was allowed to drive that priceless car, considering his past driving record.

Nesca likes this.

EMAIL :

Last edited by JDS; 01-24-2019 at 10:05 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDS For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:51 AM

The new TVR which is engineered by Gordon Murray has the following as the last statement in its heritage section of the website.

The latest TVR to be hitting the roads from 2018 onwards will be, as the TVR Car Club announced, “Unapologetic, loud, proud and British built”.

TVR is Roaring Back!

Just a shame I cannot afford one

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode