Technically it is a "motorcycle" - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Technically it is a "motorcycle"

One of the perks of my new job is getting to play with the company toys. I drove the Slingshot around today and it is an absolute blast! 5 speed manual, 170hp and the thing will spin the wheel through the first 3 gears.

It's considered a motorcycle in most states so you need your endorsement to ride it. I still wear a helmet even though the windshield blocks most of wind.

2011 Brutale 1090RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:31 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Ian SAVS
Nice toy. You'll have fun in the winter with sleds.

What we've got here, is failure to communicate.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Yeah I definitely plan on doing some snowmobiling. I need to find something fun to do in the winter with my southern belle or else she may not want to stay up here!

2011 Brutale 1090RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker View Post
Yeah I definitely plan on doing some snowmobiling. I need to find something fun to do in the winter with my southern belle or else she may not want to stay up here!
Ya think? Kidding.....you'll be fine.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 05:12 PM

New Site Garage
Looks like fun, but not a motorcycle.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 07:50 PM

New Site Garage
I really like the price point of the Sligshot, but it needs a pivot system or something to make hard, fast turns smoother. I personally like the TRex as it is more the motorcycle componentwise, but at 3X the price the Slingshot has it.

Speed is relative, but fast is fast.

- 2011 brutale 1090R (Matte pearl white/Black)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 09:43 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
NOT A MOTORCYCLE..!!!!!

Auto cycle in some states.....technicians at the shops hate them...they are 3 wheeled cars is what they are.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckler View Post
I really like the price point of the Sligshot, but it needs a pivot system or something to make hard, fast turns smoother. I personally like the TRex as it is more the motorcycle componentwise, but at 3X the price the Slingshot has it.
It can take turns pretty well thanks to it being so low to the ground but it can be a little rough over the bumps.

For me, something like this is perfect if you have a wife or friend you want to take out on the twisty roads with you comfortably. You can still hit them hard and fast without being unsettled by your passenger poking you in the ribs to slow down.

I will say that it turns more heads than my MV does.

2011 Brutale 1090RR
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
NOT A MOTORCYCLE..!!!!!

Auto cycle in some states.....technicians at the shops hate them...they are 3 wheeled cars is what they are.
Pretty much. If we can have it classified as an auto cycle then customers are not forced to have their endorsement. At least that is how I understand it.

2011 Brutale 1090RR
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 06:07 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
If it has a steering wheel and 3 pedals for throttle, brake and clutch, and you sit in a seat with seat belts, and you are in an enclosed cockpit it IS NOT A MOTORCYCLE!!!

Just sayin'.

The CanAm Spyder is closer....

With enormous side by side utility vehicles and now this enormous 3 wheeled car, the typical motorcycle dealership shop has become very crowded. An automotive type lift is becoming required equipment. I know of at least one shop where they can't even get the Yamaha Viking around the corner into the work bay areas....they have to work on those in the warehouse.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode