LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Banned

My favorite BMW commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tG3Tx1e704
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 02:54 PM

That was good. Never heard of her, but what does she just give rides for cash? Can i do that?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 03:11 PM

New Site Garage
famous girl, acted also in top gear

4,5Mg~3Al~2Ti~Fe

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb88xx View Post
famous girl, acted also in top gear
She also gave my wife a 200+ mph ride around the Nurburgring Nordschleife in her Porsche 911 GT3 RS Race Taxi. My wife was too tiny to fit in one of the loaner fire suits or helmets, so Sabine loaned my wife one of her own personal fire suits and carbon fiber helmets.

She even invited us up to her pit box for beers afterwards. She's the only celebrity I've ever met, that is exactly the same in person, as they are on television. She squeals, giggles, and makes sound effects with her mouth.

When we visited in October, we stayed at the hotel she and her mom own in Nurburg- Hotel Am Tiergarten, the one shown in the video above. The Pistenklause restaurant is located in the basement. It was nice for our pillows to be within staggering distance of the restaurant.

Last edited by Poliziotto; 06-06-2015 at 04:59 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-06-2015, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorsodurojohn View Post
That was good. Never heard of her, but what does she just give rides for cash? Can i do that?
Yes, and I highly recommend it.

The Nordschleife is an extremely dangerous race track. 12.9 miles, nearly 200 turns, elevation changes, shadows, pavement differences...even the weather can change from one part of the track to another. And there is basically ZERO runoff- if you have an off, you're probably eating Armco.

So it's important to have a driver who knows the track well. Hundreds of people have died there, but among those who are still alive, Sabine Schmitz probably knows the track better than anyone. She's done almost 50,000 laps there.

She used to work for BMW as a 'Ring Taxi driver. BMW supplied her with an M5 every year, tires every 10 laps, and brakes every 20. With most of the expenses taken care of and three passenger seats to divide the cost, it was pretty affordable to get a ride like this video (shot from a 911 GT3 following her, in her M5 taxi):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6JW7F9YDMk

After she quit working for BMW, she bought her own Porsche 911 GT3 RS, and prepped it for the track with KW suspension. She's buying everything, and there's only one passenger seat, so the cost for a taxi ride with her went WAY up. At the exchange rates in October, we paid about $860 U.S. for a combined lap of the GP track and the Nordschleife, during a VLN race practice session, at about a 7:30 pace for the Nordschleife, topping 320 kph (over 200 miles per hour). But that came with the video (with on-screen telemetry), she fed us both two meals by the time we left, all the beer we could drink, and hung out with us for hours in her pit box. We met her mom, her sister, and her dog also.

If you do it during a race weekend, you're going to see the entire Nordschleife at speed, instead of just from BTG (Bridge To Gantry), you're going to get to do the GP Track as well, and you're not going to be dodging tour busses. If you do it during Touristenfahrten, it's going to be a little less expensive. Your choice.

But either way, I highly recommend it. Here's a link:

http://www.rsrnurburg.com/product/ho...sabine-schmitz

Last edited by Poliziotto; 06-06-2015 at 05:01 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode