MV Agusta Forum banner

910R (Euro3) fan issue

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Laurtm1 
#1 ·
One of my fans is "catching" on something as it turns, sounds like an angle grinder when running....
Trouble is I can't see where. Has anyone successfully removed the fans without removing the radiator first ?

Going to try disconnecting it for the ride home, hope the traffic isn't as bad as yesterday when Sydney ground to a halt due to a little fire http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/barangaroo-fire-triggers-sydney-cbd-chaos-20140312-34mj6.html

#2 ·
No way to get at the fans without moving the radiator forward. You can reach in with your fingers and spin the fans to see what is going on. Maybe just a bit of road debris (stick?) hitting the blades, or could be a bad bearing in a fan.....or could be a fan cutting into your radiator (how did it get bent?).

#3 ·
I just found out today that the fans from Euro 3 Brutale are identical with the one from Honda CBR 600RR 2007-2012 (PC40 model) except the bracket and the power supply connector which obviously are different. The body and fan are exactly the same.
That means you can replace the damaged one with the CBR one whitch can be found cheaper and easier on eBay.
Just for anyone who needs this info!

Cheers,
Laur.

#4 ·
Well, bugger me with a fish fork......

On a warm (26C) day a 910R will run ok with one fan, temps just get a bit hotter and at 98C a little barf of coolant where I obviously didn't bleed it properly with the pump seal was replaced....
The fan was not hitting the radiator - I could see this properly after removing the little corner piece on the radiator.
A stone was caught between the plastic fan blade bit and the metal motor housing. This was catching on the metal fin/arm bits everytime it went past.
Said stone was a bitch to remove, circlip pliers were the onlt things I could get in there and after a few minutes and some choice words I got it out.
No more grind grind as the fan turns. :drummer:

Laur, thanks for that information, I'm sure it will be of use in the future :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.