MV Agusta Forum banner

Brutale 1078RR Cooling fans not working

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  abadirr 
#1 ·
Hi Eddy, Just wondering what type of wire have you changed? do you have the picture of it? it may help me, As I have still problems with my Brutale 1078 FAN not starting when it get hot above 100c. l Checked the FAN and work when direct link with Battery, but not Via Spu, the fuse is fine but no power passing through spu and Could not find a relay for Spu and there are no other electrical problems at all and would not have ideas how to check the Spu if it's faulty or not. thanks for all in advinse for your input.

#7 ·
sorry Donsy, I mean sensor for ECU
Okay, if you replaced the one on the engine, then you replaced the correct one, the other is on the radiator but only sends reading to display. You might have an SPU problem, although not very common on the 1078's, it is an possibility.

#8 ·
Thanks Donsy,
first Thought the sensor on the engine and replaced it, but not that the faulty one, I should have checked the Sensor as per Manual. However, should-I take the risk and replace the spu or any other options???? any thought will be appreciated

#9 ·
Go through the fault finding section in the workshop manual. If it is your SPU, you can always run a manual switch for the fan, lot's cheaper than a new SPU, the choice is yours though. If you know the sensor is okay, the only other thing would be a faulty connection or fuse, double check them all first.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.