Tvl scs - MVAgusta.net
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Tvl scs

My 2019 TVL with the SCS is having problems letting the SCS dis-engage. The bike has 4K miles and after a 700 mile high speed run two days ago, I started noticing that the clutch would not let go when coming to an idle on de-acceleration. It killed the motor. Now, it won't disengage at all. I am back to using the clutch lever let everyone else in the motorcycle world. I've gotten pretty used to that no clutch thing.

Anyone have any idea how the Rekluse gets adjusted? A trip to the dealer is pretty far away if this is simple.

BTW: oil level is fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Not sure this is a simple adjustment..... google how the clutch works (same basic system as many dirt bikes are using). You may need some internal bits replaced....

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 05:53 PM

I don't have this system on my '16 TV; but have researched rekluse clutches.
First thing I would do is try to find a service manual. If your bike came with a flash drive a manual should be on it.

Failing that; the MV SCS clutch may adjust similar as KTM or Husky
https://rekluse.com/support-docs/NPD...0Hydraulic.pdf

Either way I hope you can get it resolved in a timely manner.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-05-2019, 06:40 PM

Forgive my foolery but being a new bike surely it's a warranty issue...?
esq'z me and Allworld like this.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the link to the Rekluse web site manual. I had visited the site earlier but I had difficulty finding something related to adjustment. The referenced article clearly explains how the unit is adjusted. In looking at the SCS unit and the web manual, the procedure looks the same.

The three manuals provided on the flash drive and the printed manual that came with the bike make absolutely zero reference to the SCS.

Yes, the bike is under warranty and the closest American dealer is over 100 miles away. I am fairly certain that dealer also knows very little about the SCS. My other option is a Vancouver, BC dealer who has dealt with the SCS but crossing the border this time of year is onerous.

I'm calling OC Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA today to speak with their service department. I bought the motorcycle there and they are very good. I need to find out if I need a gasket for the SCS cover.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebraun View Post
Thanks for the link to the Rekluse web site manual. I had visited the site earlier but I had difficulty finding something related to adjustment. The referenced article clearly explains how the unit is adjusted. In looking at the SCS unit and the web manual, the procedure looks the same.

The three manuals provided on the flash drive and the printed manual that came with the bike make absolutely zero reference to the SCS.

Yes, the bike is under warranty and the closest American dealer is over 100 miles away. I am fairly certain that dealer also knows very little about the SCS. My other option is a Vancouver, BC dealer who has dealt with the SCS but crossing the border this time of year is onerous.

I'm calling OC Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA today to speak with their service department. I bought the motorcycle there and they are very good. I need to find out if I need a gasket for the SCS cover.
Glad I could potentially help.
My guess you could probably reuse the SCS cover gasket, even if paper or composite material. Providing that it does not disintegrate upon removal of the cover.
Hopefully it's an o'ring in which case is, IMO, 99% reusable.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 04:42 PM

New Site Garage
Sorry no help on the MV side but I did have a Rekluse on my KTM. The new versions {mine was older and had different spring tensions} of the Z Start Pro had and adjuster on the Slave cylinder that moved the friction zone for lack of a better term to control the engagement and manual clutch operation. I don't know if any of those features would translate to the SCS system but do take a look at the slave cylinder to see if there is a hex key adjuster in the center.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

The latest information from the dealer about the SCS should make prospective buyers stop and think about this thing.
Apparently, there are some items called sleeves that require replacement every 4500 miles. This is just about where I am right now. The first sleeve service is courtesy of MV Agusta. The dealer also sent me a PDF version of the latest B3 service manual (Edition 4 dated October 2018) which contains the complete service for the automatic clutch. The routine doesn't look all that complicated.
However, that really isn't the issue. An accomplished sport touring bike with the MV Agusta record of reliability should really be able to cover distances greater than 4500 miles. My bucket list 'across the US and back' check box shouldn't have to include a service stop at one of the relatively rare MV Agusta dealers.
Not entirely sure what happens if I just ignore the lack of the automatic clutch feature and just use the machine as a regular clutched unit. it seems to work just fine. It's actually much easier than that grabby clutch on my 2016 TVL. Guess I'll send another email to the dealer and find out.
BTW: I'll gladly make the service manual available to the forum if someone can tell me where to send it.
Marko G. likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sebraun For This Useful Post:
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 11:01 AM

Good to know.
I did a cross country tour a few years back on my Sprint, I had to arrange a service visit in Washington. It was just an oil change, but things like service requirements are often overlooked by people when they plan longer tours.
There is a learning curve for successful motorcycle touring.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Hello @Sebraun,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences
Regarding the PDF I sent you a PM

Kind Regards,

Evert

BMW R45, MG 750 Targa, MG V50 III, MG 65 Lario, Honda CM 185T

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode