MV Agusta Forum banner

My New TV

7K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  hubertphava 
#1 ·
Just signed the papers!!!! 2015 8000kms with panniers, centre stand and Garmin GPS! WIN. Should arrive in 2 weeks from the other side of Oz

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Wonko The Sane
#3 ·
Very Nice !!!

I made this your own thread instead of it being part of Allworld's thread. Hope you don't mind.

Reactions: Jigsaw312rr
#4 ·
Welcome. Besides all of the track bikes from MV, I believe this is the best bike made. It couldn't be a better blend of the two genres, touring and sport.

I like your phrase about happiness. I can not find the author.

Reactions: Jigsaw312rr
#10 ·
Very nice, congrats!

#13 ·
So bike arrived, very pretty! First problem flat battery after sitting in storage for 3 weeks so on the charger it went, fully charged started almost first time but my first question is when it turns over on starting it sounds like somebody is hitting the motor with a hammer! Is that normal?

#14 ·
first question is when it turns over on starting it sounds like somebody is hitting the motor with a hammer! Is that normal?
I'm not sure, does it idle okay?
Maybe you should check the oil...
I was able to trace my bike back to the original dealer, I gave him the VIN and he pulled the service records, is that something you could do?

#15 · (Edited)
QUOTE=Allworld;2595385]I'm not sure, does it idle okay?
Maybe you should check the oil...
I was able to trace my bike back to the original dealer, I gave him the VIN and he pulled the service records, is that something you could do?[/QUOTE]

Good point, will check tomorrow. It does seem to idle a bit fast but maybe just used to bigger cc bikes.:smile2:

#16 ·
Ok, first ride today!!! F*#%ing awesome. Had to jump start it because the batt in cactus, and the knocking noise has disappeared( think it was just dry motor after sitting for a few weeks.
Heated grips/awesome
Quick shifter/more awesomer, is that a word?
Now to remove the Cat so she can breathe, so much nicer to ride than the KTM1190 ( see very quick agricultural machinery)
?

#19 ·
So.... looks like a sprag problem! Replaced the Battery, still hard to start but will start easier with the clutch pulled in a little. Spoke to the MV dealers in Perth ( Nice guy very helpful) who are speaking to MV to see if we can get a new one under warranty even if the warranty is over, fingers crossed.

#21 ·
They are great bikes for sure, glad to see that you're enjoying it.

The noise on start-up after a period of inactivity is likely to be excessive cam chain slack. The tensioner is oil pressure actuated and if all the oil has drained to the sump it doesn't allow the tensioner to engage properly. Just stop and re-start and all will be well. The clutch is noisy too but that's normal, if it goes away when you pull in the lever then there's no issue. There was a service bulletin on earlier pre 2017 models that entailed fitting some new clutch parts that were meant to help but frankly I didn't notice any difference with mine, might also be a durability thing so worth checking the record on the bike to ensure that this work has been done.

#23 ·
Hope it not like my service experience. My sprag visit with Hourglass Motorcycles in Cummings, Ga., took three months in the spring! My valve service took one month at another MV certified shop.

2nd bike? I finally got one, but hope not to visit MV service centers any time soon.

#26 ·
So, got the sprag changed today, lots of chatter marks on the face so all good but being a new MV dealer they are still waiting on the diagnostic machine to arrive so couldn't upgrade the ecu. Another 500km/ 5 hour trip, ?

#27 ·
still waiting on the diagnostic machine to arrive so couldn't upgrade the ecu. Another 500km/ 5 hour trip, [emoji20]
What happened that you are needing a new ECU? Or are you going to a tunable ECU?

I took mine in for the rear preload bracket recall and was having some starting issues and I was praying it wasn't the sprag. Turns out it was the battery! That's easy enough.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#29 · (Edited)
Changed the oil today as it hit 10k, what i thought was going to be a half hour job turned into 3 hours!!!
Don't think the oil had been changed before as the three allen head screws holding the filter in we're seized solid, ended up having to drill them out and use an easy out tool to remove them, (scews heads just rounded off made from crap metal )ffs....Replaced with good torx screws.
Anyway all good now, seems to be a bit smoother on take off ��

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.