Front turn signals for TVL - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 03:54 PM Thread Starter

Front turn signals for TVL

Have my third replacement front left turn signals fail yesterday. Doesn't seem much point in buying oem just to have that fail as well.
But trying to execute a fix maybe just as problematic. Unlike the rear led's which can either be completely swapped out with something from the aftermarket or carefully opened using a heat gun and wedges, the front appear to be clued together . Using too much heat -about 250c -and a plastic wedge , all I got was distorted plastic where I tried prying the two pieces apart.
Idea number 2 maybe a Dremel all the way around the perimeter just above where the clear plastic lens meets the black plastic housing.
Idea number 3 - drill through from the back of the black plastic housing and make a new hole in between each existing led and insert one of these.
https://gtrlighting.com/gtr-lighting...es-with-wires/

The new led held in place with silicone . Each individual led would have to be wired into a common power and ground wire , then into the factory supply wire connector which is easy accessed on the bottom left of the gas tank.
Anyone got any other less foolish ideas.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:29 AM

New Site Garage
So, the blinker stops working after you replace it. Sounds like a short. Why is it failing? unknown?

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 07:55 PM

Sorry your having so many problems. Both of my rear signals failed on the 2nd time I rode the bike! I never use the signals now. I was hoping of just replacing the rear with a tail tidy kit that included signal markers.

But what's the point if the front ones are going to fail as well....I guess replace those with aftermarket signals?

I agree there has to be a reason as to why they are failing. Too much voltage? Cheap parts? Thankfully the headlight keeps on working...so I know they know how to make lights work properly...did they just cheap out on the signals?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode