I'm seriously considering joining the fold.... - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Question I'm seriously considering joining the fold....

... please share your knowledge and experiences - good and bad?!

I'm drawn to the 2019 model, but realistically expect I would go for a used 2017 instead. I'm in the UK in case that makes a difference, and my local dealer seems to be Bennetts in Barnsley if anyone has any experience of them?

What are the common gremlins? (And how easy are they to sort?!)
Is it necessary to have a main dealer, or are folk happy doing their own servicing/ using back street garages?
What's the comfort like? (I'm 5'7" and weigh a fair bit more than I ought to!)
Is it worth holding out for a Lusso?
When's the first big service? (I'm guessing around the 7,000 mark as all the ones for sale second hand seem to have done just under that )

Sorry for all the questions! I haven't bought a new (to me) bike since 2010. That was my Aprilia Caponord which I LOVE, but it's just such a barge of a thing to manouvre I'd been thinking of downsizing for some time. If Aprilia would stick their 850 lump in a baby Capo chassis I'd be at the front of the Q, but as it doesn't look likely the TV has caught my eye....

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:32 AM

New Site Garage
Have a look a the second post of the valve clearance thread few lines below the current thread...
Diablo likes this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:56 AM

New Site Garage
Hold out if you want heated grips, cruise control and fancy suspension. I think I would have been fine with standard suspension, but I do enjoy the other two. The bluetooth thing is not very useful to me.

You should not have major work to do on a 17' model. Do the routine service yourself, if you can. The TVL is the only bike I want to ride, except maybe a Brutale
Diablo likes this.

Terry_________________________________________
Tecumseh Minibike, SL 70, KE 100, XR250L, KLR650, ST800, XR650L, 525EXC, 450EXC, GS1200R, 2016 TVL 800
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Terrys409; 05-21-2019 at 10:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 10:00 AM

You will cry with tears of laughter over how much you like riding the tv instead of the cap. Not as good for two ups, but easily twice as good at everything else.
Diablo likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 11:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
I haven't used Bennetts for bike purchase or service, but I do say that their parts department is both efficient and prompt.

Whether you can do your own servicing obviously depends upon your level of expertise. I am happy doing basic fluid changes, but wouldn't delve into anything deeper. I wouldn't trust my bike to a 'back street garage' UNLESS it was one with a good reputation. Probably much the same as would you trust a back street doctor!!

I can't offer anything about Veloce or Lusso. Any bike without full fairing and clip ons does not grace my garage!!
Diablo likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2011 CBR1000RR : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:19 PM

Buy One! I joined the fold two months ago my only regret is not doing it sooner. My new TVL is an awesome bike. The only small issue is a slightly floaty suspension, however, it does not limit the handling.
nigelrb and Diablo like this.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:26 PM
Established Member

I bought my Brutale 920 from Bennetts and have bought some parts from them.

Bought a TV as a second bike to go alongside the 920 and I absolutely love the TV like sitting on a couch compared the the 920, at a similar height to you the TV is a tall bike and I can just get tip toes down so have just bought a low seat and can now get the balls of my feet on the ground which is better, once on the move you do not notice the height at all just at junctions etc.

Due to the fact Bennetts are my local dealer roughly 120 miles away I do my own servicing sourcing parts from various places Star Twin, Evolution-bike, Bike-parts-mv.
Diablo likes this.

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Brilliant - thanks for all the replies

I've got a well stocked garage and am handy enough with the spanners, but the modern tech on the new bikes is a wee bit daunting. I'm used to being on tippy toes on the Capo and at 250kgs I'm presuming it's a fair bit heavier, and being a twin I'm hoping it carries the weight higher, so all in all I'm making the assumption that even though the TV is tall, that overall it will still feel considerably smaller than I'm used to. We'll see. Bennetts seem to have the best range of both new and 2nd hand models when doing a search, so I guess the next step is a trip to their showroom......

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 08:34 PM

It’s really the absolute bike for the street.
I love the electronic suspension, took it to have them adjusted and created 3 profiles depending on the ride. It’s night and day.
Still working on windshield to find the right setup for me.
It’s almost addictive as bike.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 06:15 AM

I'm also looking at a TVL. to replace my Brutale. I have a Street Triple, so getting another Brutale is too much duplication, the TVL will be my touring bike mostly. I have not sat one and have concerns with the seat height.

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode