2019 tvl scs - MVAgusta.net
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

2019 tvl scs

Funny thing happened the other day at OC Motorcycles in Costa Mesa, CA. There I was waiting for the techs to finish the 18K service on my 2016 TVL and while a number of problems were being addressed due to software upgrades, Tom (one of the principals there at OC) asked what it would take to get me on the new white 2019 TVL SCS on the floor. Apparently, it didn't take much. The sale was pretty much completed at about the same time as the service on the 2016.
Next day, my son-in-law and I completed the Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1K miles in less than 24 hours from Mission Viejo, CA to Vancouver, WA. The ride was almost effortless. The new TVL performed flawlessly. I was somewhat concerned that at age 70, I might have a wee bit of a struggle. Never happened.
I've had around 30 or so motorcycles in the last 57 years. This thing has to be close to if not the best machine I've ever owned.
drmasis, cruiser, esq'z me and 9 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 12:52 AM

Very impressive.
How did you find the technical updates and features? Useful or gimmick?

In my garage: 2011 Brutale 1090RR, Triumph Street Triple R
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 01:49 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
and pics?? What kind of lawless wild west forum are we running here???

congrats!

2018 MV F3 675 Avio Grey

"That pistol just kept saying, let go of my ears, you don't know what you're doing." -thehellbringer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 02:05 AM

Hi Sebraun,

Great to hear you are so pleased with it
And that some of us manage to get a machine overnight
I must have made wrong choices, as I am chasing my dealer now for months

BMW R45, MG 750 Targa, MG V50 III, MG 65 Lario, Honda CM 185T
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:12 AM

Great to hear that.
I’m about to get the first service done on my TVL scs (white) and couple days ago I did a 300 miles ride and I was surprised how comfortable I still was by the end of the ride, still willing to ride more...and honestly impressed how it performed.
It glides trough irregularities on the highway and on twisties she’s such a performer. You feel you can trust your bike at every turn.
Scs works perfectly, I’ve hard time finding neutral and quickshifter is hard to use limiting the rpm, I thought would have been smoother but still enjoyable.
Some dive when breaking but I’ve to get use to modulate better and still have to play with suspension setting.
Bit of wind shaking my head at speed so wondering about touring screen or different helmet as if I lift the oem screen it’s worst.

Never ever driven such an outstanding bike, not once I hoped to be on a different bike no matter the road I was on, no matter what my friends were riding.
Ive other bikes but now is not that I want to ride, I want to ride just that bike.
Attached Images

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:46 PM
Established Member

Like ur style meister👍
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

The only real complaints that I've had with the TVL were the windscreen and the clutch. I replaced the windscreen with the Puig and that helped considerably however I think the system is still lacking.
I had a fair amount of trouble maneuvering the '16 TVL and using the clutch at a standstill on hills and gravel surfaces. I just manage to almost get both feet flat on the ground. The SCS got rid of that problem. Between the SCS and the quickshift, I have no complaints.
I find the machine stupidly comfortable. I have gotten quite used to all the electronic features and I use them quite easily.
The purpose of my trip north was to leave the TVL at my summer residence and bring my 2015 BMW F800GT back to California. 1300 miles later and I should like to report that the BMW feels like a John Deere tractor compared to the TVL. It's gotta go. Anyone want a late model F800GT loaded for touring? Only has 14K miles.
drmasis, Fastspy and plip45 like this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:10 PM

One of the bikes on my short list is the TVL, I have been searching a number of sites, Cycle Trader mostly and it seems there are a number of leftover 2018's available.

Besides the smart clutch system are there any other changes/upgrades from the 2018 to 2019?

Bikes:

2016 MV Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso
2015 Triumph Street Triple R
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

From what I can gather via research on the web and various magazine road tests, the entire clutch mechanism and transmission were re-designed for 2019 to be beefier.
I was also informed by MV Agusta America that warranty problems are now few. I extended the factory 3 year warranty to a 6 year one. Price was pretty cheap.
As to the riding experience, other than the SCS, the machine feels quite similar to the '16. The quick shifter is definitely more friendly.
The bags are super easy to remove. I didn' t remove the ones on the '16 however it did require a tool or two. Not so with the' 19.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:41 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebraun View Post
The bags are super easy to remove. I didn' t remove the ones on the '16 however it did require a tool or two. Not so with the' 19.
What? on a TV MY15, the bags are super easy to remove, I'm not sure why you mention it requires a tool or two: there is the pin to secure it which is 1/4 turn screw and easy to remove without a tool and there is the key you use to unlock the handle. And those are also present on the newer models.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode