• 1 Post By Qwandree
  • 1 Post By Fredzedex
  • 1 Post By Black_Gold_Saw

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
A tale of loss and restoration.

Good morning fellow MV enthusiasts.

I want to tell you a quick tale of the last 12 months...

As some of you may know I purchased a new leftover 2016 TV standard in December of 2017 (I took delivery on December 27th)

The bike was added to my collection of existing Ducati's and other makes ( I have a tendency to appreciate bikes you don't see everyday)

I got the bike registered and insured by early February and by mid march I blew the tendon in my dominant arm that holds the bicep in place.

I was down for roughly three months, time that chipped away at my primary riding season (I do ride year round weather permitting) Fast forward to June and I was getting some miles in on the TV getting the bike broken in and acquiring parts for it. I had the bike buffed and ceramic coated in July. By August I had roughly 550 miles on the TV and knew that a ride to my closest MV dealer would put me at the proper mileage for a break in service. So I gave them a ring and rode out there being told I could wait while they did what needed to be done the first service, install some Evotech kit, and my factory heated handgrips. That didn't go so well as the ECU became inoperable due to a fault in the software update they attempted to preform. so the bike could not be ridden. I had to take an uber home over 65 miles and the bike sat waiting for MV and the software development team. Two weeks later disaster struck and the shop had a fire break out on Labor Day in the early AM. My bike along with roughly 200 others were now a total loss.

70 days later and the insurance company finally settles with me (my insurance company not the shops) and the bike is paid off with whatever equity given back to me. They depreciated all my new gear by 50% even though it was installed at that first service.

I thought I was done with MV. I could say I had one, and had the pictures to show it was in fact in my garage

While going through all this my oldest son and wing man joined the US Army and I purchased a new leftover Super Duke GT... what am incredible machine, but my wing man wasn't there to help me travel three states to get it like he was supposed to and he kept nagging me about the MV being the most unique machine I had ( he fully expects my collection to be transferred into a family trust that he will have access to as his "inheritance")

He ended up sending me a link to a youtube video of a pair of Brits doing a Ducati 999/MV F4 used bike comparison and near the end they go to the respective factories.

Its the MV story, and the factory that gets me. to know that I can visit the place and shake the hand of the people that made my bike.

So I bought another one. another 2016 leftover. this time in silver.... I am a sucker for a red frame.
Ive already sorted a FM Projects exhaust and all the evotech stuff for the second time. luckily the tech at the shop never actually installed the heated grips so those in play as well. I haven't ridden the bike yet. Its at the local dealers new location while they sort some warranty issues. Hopefully soon ill be able to swing a leg over my new MV...

No pictures of the new bike yet. they will be coming soon.
I think ill call this one Phoenix!
Attached Images

Last edited by urdrvideo; 01-05-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 08:42 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That must have been the same dealer where another forum member lost his bike in the fire. Sounds like the dealer is not very competent... unable to update your ECU successfully, unable to sort the other fellow's problems either.

Anyway, glad you got a settlement and wish you better luck with the new MV.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 09:30 AM

Wonderful to read! Sad but with a happy end! I wish you much fun with your second Turismo Veloce! I had always Ducatis and since 6 months my Turismo Veloce. This year in spring we will travel from Austria through whole France and later to Italy including the MV Agusta factory
Cheers, Mike from Vienna, Austria!

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 09:40 AM

What a journey. You are a champion.

2 multis?
Duc-Mike likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 01:59 PM
Established Member

Fair play to you mate👍👍
Duc-Mike likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 03:27 PM

New Site Garage
After rain comes sunshine.
Duc-Mike likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Great story, good luck this time!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turismo Veloce 2016
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:47 AM

Ok's How many Klm's and what is your expected time?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 07:49 AM

New Site Garage
Urdr,

Wow man, thanks for sharing. You get two gold stars for persistence. A blown tendon is a long recovery, on top the fire? Really? Geez, and I respect your positive attitude very much. Sounds military to me, not the typical stuff. Best of luck, and have some fun with that new beauty of a MV. The other bikes are clearly jealous. Be safe, and ride on!

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode