Workshop Manual - MVAgusta.net
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Teeps
  • 1 Post By Sebraun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Workshop Manual

I have had some issues with various messages and the engine warning light ocassionally popping up on the TVL. Yesterday, the warning light came on while riding around town and the message was "Clutch Switch" and the quickshift feature failed. It reset itself after the bike sat for a few minutes but.......

Called the dealer and inquired into some sort of workshop manual. My thinking was I might be able to affect some small repairs myself if I could pinpoint the culprit. I am a few hundred miles from the dealer and I plan on being an additional few hundred in the near future.

According to the dealer, there is no workshop manual for the newer MV Agustas and Ducati has none either. How do they figure out where stuff is and repair it? No satisfactory answer came of that question.

So I ask the forum: If the clutch switch (or other exotic element) continues to fail, does someone out there know a wee bit about it? I have no end of tools and mechanical motorcycle ability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 10:25 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Go to Donsy's site (Thank you again Donsy) and download the manuals.

Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

The TVL is essentially the same platform as the most recent 800 3 cylinder bikes. Not sure if the TVL manual is on the site yet.

Of course MV and Ducati provide manuals for the dealers....but they are on-line for dealer access only. They can be ordered in print but would cost you a fortune.

Your clutch switch (hydraulic at the slave cylinder) is failing. Replace it. Do a search and you will find discussions on the switch and also remedies

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebraun View Post
I have had some issues with various messages and the engine warning light ocassionally popping up on the TVL. Yesterday, the warning light came on while riding around town and the message was "Clutch Switch" and the quickshift feature failed. It reset itself after the bike sat for a few minutes but.......

Called the dealer and inquired into some sort of workshop manual. My thinking was I might be able to affect some small repairs myself if I could pinpoint the culprit. I am a few hundred miles from the dealer and I plan on being an additional few hundred in the near future.

According to the dealer, there is no workshop manual for the newer MV Agustas and Ducati has none either. How do they figure out where stuff is and repair it? No satisfactory answer came of that question.

So I ask the forum: If the clutch switch (or other exotic element) continues to fail, does someone out there know a wee bit about it? I have no end of tools and mechanical motorcycle ability.
Before replacing the clutch switch, try bleeding it, providing that it is not leaking.
MarcSilverTriple likes this.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:16 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeps View Post
Before replacing the clutch switch, try bleeding it, providing that it is not leaking.
Yep. Check if it is leaking first. if leaking replace. If not, try bleeding the clutch hydraulic circuit could help.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 12:22 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Go to Donsy's site (Thank you again Donsy) and download the manuals.

Team Double 3 Racing | MV Agusta

The TVL is essentially the same platform as the most recent 800 3 cylinder bikes. Not sure if the TVL manual is on the site yet.

Of course MV and Ducati provide manuals for the dealers....but they are on-line for dealer access only. They can be ordered in print but would cost you a fortune.

Your clutch switch (hydraulic at the slave cylinder) is failing. Replace it. Do a search and you will find discussions on the switch and also remedies
TV/TVL manual is not on this site, it's on Donsy's Dropbox. The link is in this post https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/129-m...ml#post2128193

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Folks, thanks very much for your highly informative and immediate response.

I had no illusions when purchasing this motorcycle. I knew that frequent maintenance was likely as well as difficult to locate. Nonetheless, I really like this machine and am willing to wrench on it as needed.

I am a little disappointed that the dealer (Moto Forza, Escondido, CA) is not a little more forthcoming about details of maintenance and manuals but they have yet to let me speak with the actual service technician. Instead, I have been dealing with the parts counter guy who is not terribly responsive. Granted they have to make money on MV Agusta but I can't afford to get stuck in the hinterlands. My Moto Guzzi did that to me on a regular basis but I could always extract myself.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Old Wing Nut

Ask to meet Balz.... I think he is the owner.

Parts counter guys are generally the least helpful people unless you just want oil or some accessory they have in stock. Don't they have a Service Manager? or at least a Service Writer?

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

The guy I'm mostly dealing with is Tony. He is sales. Don't think they have a service writer. Next time I'm in, I'll do a better job on Who's Who at Moto Forza.

Read all the info on previous posts about the hydraulic clutch switch. Pretty interesting stuff. I am a retired electrical engineer with an extensive background in instrumentation and computer based controls so this kind of stuff is right down my alley. The clutch switch thing appears to be an easy job.

I have browsed through the entire workshop manual. Between that and the forums, I feel much more confident about keeping this thing running.
esq'z me likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 PM
Old Wing Nut

The MV Agusta is a really easy bike to work on. Especially compared to Hondas (the engineers never really thought you should have to work on them...!!!) and a few other bikes out there.

Try changing spark plugs on a Kawasaki ZX14 !!!! OMG.....!!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-28-2018, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

I, in fact, did try and change spark plugs on a ZX-14. I thought that just getting the valve covers off of my 2006 Kawasaki Concours was a never ending exercise. Then my 2007 Concours showed me how truly difficult routine maintenance really could be.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode