MV TVL or Duc SSS...disabled rider - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 08:56 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonko The Sane View Post
f you want one, get it. Don't look back. Motorcycles aren't "spreadsheet" items; as long as you're honest with yourself about what you want and don't try to rationalize your purchase, you won't regret your decision.

Happy trails.
Very true. But as you say, only if it's genuinely what you want. Just sayin, buying a TVL SCS at list price and then selling a few months down the road because it isn't what you though it was, is going to hurt your wallet big time. It all depends on your, head, heart and wallet. Listening to your heart is usually a lot easier with a full wallet!

However I have owned so many bikes now, am able to stop looking at alternatives all the time and thinking I'd be better off with 'one of those'. Sure 'one of those' might be better in some ways, but it'll be less impressive in others. Is the MV TV the 'best bike ever'? Well no, not really, but it's still a fantastic and unique bike to enjoy no matter what the alternatives may offer. Hard to imagine anyone constantly regretting purchasing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTman View Post

The cost of the MV is probably the only (potentially large) fly in the ointment, and I suspect the depreciation will be even worse than the non SCS version.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/images/MVagusta_net_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png[/IMG] If you really want one it may pay to wait 12 months or so, you might get one at a much better price this time next year.

Good luck with whatever you decide and I hope you can enjoy motorcycling for many years to come.
Thank you for taking the time to get back to me. Hope to ride next to you one day.
I don’t keep the tracer in the loop of possible bikes, not even close to the TVL beauty or ridability (I guess), at that point the Duc seems a better option. Suspension is one of key things in the decision making. Even if imported to the States, i spent over 30 years in Italy, the love for Ducati and MV is in the dna 🙂
It may be worth waiting an year for the TVL but first I’ll go to “sit test” (best I can do) both bikes as a dealer close by has 2018 Duc SSS and 2016 TV.

Any of you have complained about the rear brake or rear suspension on the tvl?
Does the TVl need a steering stabilizer? Or has some sort of wheelie control?

I’ll keep you all posted.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
It all depends on your, head, heart and wallet.
And left arm 🤣 😉
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonko The Sane View Post

Every time I rode my TVL I was glad I bought it and I was (am) really sad to see it go. Had I waited to get a better deal, I might never have had the enjoyment of my TVL. As it was, I enjoyed it for a little less than 3 years; (picked it up November '15) as you know better than most of us, it's impossible to say how long we'll be able to enjoy motorcycling. If you want one, get it. Don't look back. Motorcycles aren't "spreadsheet" items; as long as you're honest with yourself about what you want and don't try to rationalize your purchase, you won't regret your decision.

Happy trails.
I should buy both 😉
if I have to be honest with myself.
I enjoy riding my vitpilen as well even if friends I ride with are not understanding from their r6, r1 or Harley point of you. And I’m trying to not sell it but I enjoy it for what it is...

I emailed rekluse to see if the tvl clutch would fit the F3 as well as I’m setting up to get a dedicated track bike. But if I get the tvl, leftover budget will just allow for a jap bike 🙂
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-25-2018, 09:46 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffeB View Post
And left arm 🤣 😉
I couldn't say. The PC police here in the UK would have me burned at the stake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode