Do I buy or not? - Page 5 - MVAgusta.net
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 10:54 AM

New Site Garage
Agree with Bumpkin. I rented a Super Duke 1290 from Allround in Frankfurt through ten passes to Florence a few weeks ago and the power was much stronger than the TVL. For solo riding I think I like the TVL better, but for long hauls with luggage and a pillion, the litre bikes are better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 04:30 PM

I'm a little puzzled by all of the comments about the quickshifter and and the various recommendations concerning the best technique to use etc. With mine, I just accelerate hard and flick through the gears whilst continuing to apply the power. And when I do this, the gear change is silky smooth and effortless. No half-throttle, no slackening off - just keep applying the power.
In my experience, the QS makes an enormous difference to the feel of the bike. Being able to change gears without any deceleration makes the bike feel so much quicker. I think the QS is great and so, if it's not working properly, you really need to get it fixed.
I tend not to use it so much when down-shifting because, usually, I down-shift because I'm slowing down but, when I have tried it, it's worked smoothly without any problem.
Wonko The Sane likes this.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 12:54 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
I'm a little puzzled by all of the comments about the quickshifter and and the various recommendations concerning the best technique to use etc. With mine, I just accelerate hard and flick through the gears whilst continuing to apply the power. And when I do this, the gear change is silky smooth and effortless. No half-throttle, no slackening off - just keep applying the power.
In my experience, the QS makes an enormous difference to the feel of the bike. Being able to change gears without any deceleration makes the bike feel so much quicker. I think the QS is great and so, if it's not working properly, you really need to get it fixed.
I tend not to use it so much when down-shifting because, usually, I down-shift because I'm slowing down but, when I have tried it, it's worked smoothly without any problem.
That is exactly my experience too. Works great for me! The bike as a whole has been great. Warranty change of the front turn signals and a spongey rear brake early on. Nothing else since.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 12:03 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
A lot of people do not understand the quick shifter....it is only meant for "on throttle under load" use. Or closed throttle under decel load downshift.

If the rider backs off when shifting, or shifts under no load cruise, or tries to blip throttle on downshifts it won't work properly. The QS is for going fast. If you are cruising around you should use the clutch and shift normally.
Teeps, Wonko The Sane and nigelrb like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 03:35 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
A lot of people do not understand the quick shifter....it is only meant for "on throttle under load" use. Or closed throttle under decel load downshift.

If the rider backs off when shifting, or shifts under no load cruise, or tries to blip throttle on downshifts it won't work properly. The QS is for going fast. If you are cruising around you should use the clutch and shift normally.
☝️
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-19-2018, 07:18 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
exactly my feelings also..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode