• 2 Post By esq'z me
  • 1 Post By RSTman
  • 1 Post By Teeps
  • 1 Post By john

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Now an Ex-motorcyclist

As of Saturday, September 8 2018 I sold my TVL 800 and Street Triple to a Milwaukee, Wisconsin area Ducati/MV Agusta dealer. The last time I rode the TVL, I thought this isn't as much fun as it used to be, not helped by dumping the bike in my driveway on returning home. Minor scuffs on the right side saddlebag and a twisted brake pedal arm (probably because I'd installed a pedal extension) and I had to loosen the hand guard and push it back into place, then retighten the bolt, good as new. These are not fragile motorcycles.

For many years I've had nerve impingement where the nerves to my hands and feet leave the spine resulting in varying degrees of numbness; in motorcycling (and even more in flying) feel is more important than in driving (unless one is racing) and so it's just time to give it up. The dealer went to eBay completed auctions and we settled on $4,500 for the Triumph, $7,500 for the MV. This allows the dealer to make a reasonable profit after repairs and in case they don't sell until next spring although yesterday and today were great days to ride, and there'll be more before the snow flies.

This site has become a habit for me and I wish you all the best, I learned a lot here.
John.
john, cruiser and nigelrb like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
That's a sad story..... Hope you will find a way to improve the nerve problems. Meanwhile, you can still hang around. We won't mind.
Teeps and nigelrb like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:35 AM

New Site Garage
Sorry to hear that. Not much of a consolation but we will all have to give up motorcycling sometime! My advancing years mean that day is now in sight for me too. At least you won't be spending money on motorbikes. I have spent far too much, and as you get older there is always the 'lets try one of those while I still can' syndrome.

I hope you can still enjoy the forums, I certainly do, this one and apriliaforum.com hosted by AF1 racing, are both excellent.

Best wishes.
Teeps likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to RSTman For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:42 AM

I have thiught about a time when I will be unable to ride. Shoot me 🙂
The Following User Says Thank You to number2 For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonko The Sane View Post
For many years I've had nerve impingement where the nerves to my hands and feet leave the spine resulting in varying degrees of numbness
John.
I know what you mean, neuropathy is no joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSTman View Post
Sorry to hear that. Not much of a consolation but we will all have to give up motorcycling sometime! My advancing years mean that day is now in sight for me too..
Yup, so many bikes so little time left to enjoy them.
Wonko The Sane likes this.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Teeps For This Useful Post:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:26 PM
Established Member

Haven't been without a bike since I was 17, which is a long time ago, can't imagine not being able to ride a bike but the day will inevitably come.
I can't say anything to make you feel better about it, but I wish you all the best.

INTERNAL COMBUSTION RECREATION FOREVER
The Following User Says Thank You to brutant For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 01:09 AM

New Site Garage
@Wonko The Sane, reading this and feeling sad for you. I've been riding since young, and had some articulation problems at some point that had me considering stop riding until the meds found out the reason and a proper treatment (took about 2 years): at some point I was unable to pull the clutch or the front break lever in a proper way. I can imagine how your situation is. I know it won't make feel you better, but the only thing I know is that reading adventures of my friends on forums helped me a lot. I was sort of riding by procuration, attending events only to meet my friends and hear about their ventures. It helps a lot.

In any case, I wish you all the best, and will try to continue posting pics of my rideouts here and there for those like you who can't ride because of a disease...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
The Following User Says Thank You to MarcSilverTriple For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 05:08 AM
Sad news Wonko (John) . As Ed says, stick around here, I haven't had a MV for several years now but they haven't banned me...…….yet. Lol
esq'z me likes this.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But...…..a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
The Following User Says Thank You to john For This Useful Post:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode