It's been fun but I'm moving on - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
It's been fun but I'm moving on

Thanks to all of you that make this such a great community. Regrettably the Turismo is going to partures anew this coming week. Usurped by a Multistrada 1260s Touring.

Two things made my mind up:

A new lady in my life who wants to share in my adventures to the continent, the TVL is a bit limited for two on tour, limited space and that fine handling when one up becomes a bit flighty with a pillion on board. The added grunt of the Ducati will certainly make things easier too.

Then there is my recent tour to the Dolomites where there were a few electrical gremlins that soured the relationship with my MV somewhat. A side stand switch that cut the ignition passing a line of trucks on the autobahn, now cleaned and working again. The pressure switch on the clutch slave cylinder spewing fluid out if the back, now replaced with a new one. Inginuity and bodging of the dead switch by my friend and I got me home after a worrying time thinking I'd need to test my European recovery insurance.

So, its being traded in for a derisory amount, sort of expected. That's unless anyone here wants a 17,000 mile but clean MY16 Lusso for 7.5K before Wednesday this week. A bargain despite the fact it'll need the 18k service soon.

HP Corse Hydro Tre and comfort seats plus a few other bits and pieces will be in the for sale section in late August.

BFN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 01:49 PM

What the fuck. Make her get her own damn bike.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwandree View Post

It's a good excuse for me to get a new bike

She does have a full bike licence though, but hasn't ridden for many years and only had a small bike back then. Maybe something for the future but I wanted a Multistrada before I got the TVL. A bad experience with the dealer put me off on a tangent and a curiosity test ride on the MV lead me to buy one. A test ride on the 1260 last week has made the urge irresistible.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:13 PM

Cheers!
So many bikes; so little time... Enjoy the new bike.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:15 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwandree View Post
Its wrong and bad if a woman tells you to get a different motorcycle just for her.
But If Bumpkin chooses on his own to get a different ride to have a better quality ride with 2 people on the bike thats his decision.

I tend to agree that a Multistrada would be better with a passenger on the back than a TVL. Looks to be have more space for passenger and has more power aswell.
However looks wise... its going to hurt you bone marrow deep
nigelrb likes this.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Always maintained that the Ducati is a better bike for two up work. It's solely my decision, no prompting. I was hairy enough have the TV cut out at considerable speed in the outside lane of the autobahn when I was on my own, don't need that with someone on the back. Granted it could happen to any bike but I think the MV is more susceptible to that sort of thing given my recent experiences. The added space, top case for extra pillion confidence not to mention added luggage capacity is all a consideration. Oh yes, the extra grunt too.

Consideration my for my new girlfriend is just the shove I needed to make the change, once there I'm confident there will be no regrets, solo and two up. The test ride on the 1260 was the turning point.
Black_Gold_Saw likes this.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 08-04-2018 at 04:48 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:50 PM

New Site Garage
Good luck with the MS. The TV is great but it's never going to be a winner for distance 2up work. Message me with a price on the seats, I don't have enough posts yet to message you.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@RSTman: you have enough posts to do anything you want on this forum...including send PMs.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 04:51 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@RSTman: you have enough posts to do anything you want on this forum...including send PMs.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-04-2018, 05:00 PM

New Site Garage
Sorry, pressed email not PM, says I need 20 posts to email. PM sent.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode