3Likes
  • 1 Post By RSTman
  • 1 Post By Teeps
  • 1 Post By Pablotv

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
First Thoughts

Finally swapped my Aprilia Caponord 1200 for a 17 TV Euro 4. Just 1300 miles on the clock.

First up, although this is a tall sports touring bike, like the Caponord, that's where the similarities end. So I'm going to try and not compare it to that bike. In fact, apart from the Yamaha Tracer GT (not ridden), the TV is pretty much in a class of 1.

The engine is fantastic. Forget the capacity, for road use it's perfect for me. Smooth with plenty of torque and exciting enough when you rev it. Very easy to ride in traffic in town too. It sounds good but it's a shame it's not just a bit louder. Good fuel consumption too, but I suspect it will only go down as I get used to the bike!

The chassis and suspension is also excellent, the bike is stable yet turns easily and holds a line very well. A very easy handling bike that inspires plenty of confidence.

The seat is tall but OK for me and I'm finding it more comfortable as I mold to it. The riding position and standard screen are also pretty comfortable for me. The screen works best in the lowest position most of the time.

The brakes are OK ish. The rear is rather poor, OK for low speed stops in traffic but not much use any other time. The front brake is a bit all or nothing on my bike. Some other TV's I've ridden felt more progressive, so may be with a few more miles...

The clutch, ah the clutch. This is the oddest thing about the bike. All the TV's I've ridden feel the same. It's perfectly serviceable but it has odd inconsistent feel. Launching the bike is not as easy as it should be. The gear shift can be a bit sticky and notchy too The quickshifter works pretty well so it does compensate a bit.

I purchased new panniers since mine is a basic TV. These came from the factory within 2 weeks as promised. They did not come with matching locks for the ignition so I have separate keys. I don't know if this is the case with all? The panniers work well and look great. The listed 30liter capacity seems a bit optimistic though, the Aprilia ones were listed at 29 and they seem a bit shy of that to me. Still they are still ample for what I need.

The dash looks great but is a bit of a let down in use. While it's easy to get to all the menus and provides lots of options, some of the display is simply too small, and at times non of it is really readable in direct sunlight.

Overall this is an amazing bike. It offers comfort, fine performance and handling, decent fuel range, luggage capacity and at the same time manages to look fantastic.

Anyway that's my ten penneth, sorry to bore all you existing owners, but may be of interest to those lurking and thinking about buying, as I was for a few weeks. At some point I hope to be able to contribute something genuinely new and useful!
zzaraxx likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 12:55 PM

Can't speak for a '17 model but my '16 needed the rear brake bled which improved the rear brake function and pedal travel. Also raising the pedal helps.

Another problem my bike had was the clutch pressure switch would stop working when the engine was warm... this caused weird shifting with the quick shift option enabled.
If the starter will not turn over with the transmission in gear and the clutch lever pulled in; that needs to be addressed.
In my bike's case it appeared to be air in the switch...

Also; include city/state or country where you are located in the profile.
esq'z me likes this.

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 10:33 PM
Established Member

That's a good post thar bro...... I will be returning to the fold soon on a tv lusso that I have found myself after being mvless for 3 years🏍️
cruiser likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-23-2018, 11:20 AM

2018 MV Agusta TURISMO VELOCE RC

I just saw one of these in the shop and I think I am in love.

Just love those hot RED wheel Mags and naked faring.

If it performs anything like my 2014 Rivale I will be getting married.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode