Exhaust options? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Exhaust options?

After a quick search, it looks like there are only three options for aftermarket exhausts for the TV: HP Corse, QD and FM Projects.
I am not looking for a loud exhaust (I already have that on my brutale) but just a slightly deeper note than OEM, if possible. I saw YouTube vids of all three, FM project sounds a bit too much and the HydroTre sounded pretty good with DB killers in and QD was a bit meh but they're online videos so it's hard to trust the accuracy of the sound capture.
Has anybody installed any aftermarket system who would be willing to share their experience and opinion, particularly on loudness factor on long distance rides?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 01:56 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre.poilane View Post
After a quick search, it looks like there are only three options for aftermarket exhausts for the TV: HP Corse, QD and FM Projects.

I am not looking for a loud exhaust (I already have that on my brutale) but just a slightly deeper note than OEM, if possible. I saw YouTube vids of all three, FM project sounds a bit too much and the HydroTre sounded pretty good with DB killers in and QD was a bit meh but they're online videos so it's hard to trust the accuracy of the sound capture.

Has anybody installed any aftermarket system who would be willing to share their experience and opinion, particularly on loudness factor on long distance rides?

No experience, but I'm buying the HP Corse for the reasons you stated about the noise, plus I like the look. I'm about to order in the next week or so.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:40 PM

You might consider a stock muffler mod.
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/21-cus...ml#post2446866

For me the only aftermarket option is the HYDROTRE SATIN. Only problem is lots of $$$$$$$$$$!

2016 Turismo Veloce 800

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Donsy; 05-29-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Andy,

I saw two different ones at different price points on Ebay - maybe one is the older model:

https://www.ebay.com/p/MV-Agusta-Tur...386/2209784414

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Corse-Hy...e/112628227339

Who are you buying yours from? I checked Evolution Bike and DesignCorse and ebay seem to have they most competitive pricing overall
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 03:02 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre.poilane View Post
Andy,

I saw two different ones at different price points on Ebay - maybe one is the older model:

https://www.ebay.com/p/MV-Agusta-Tur...386/2209784414

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-Corse-Hy...e/112628227339

Who are you buying yours from? I checked Evolution Bike and DesignCorse and ebay seem to have they most competitive pricing overall

Direct from the manufacturer, I emailed them for a price. Still working out the price as import duty is a lot. I don't like eBay so that option is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:28 PM

I've got the Zard exhaust. I had a GPR on there before and this is much deeper yet quieter and more subtle. Mines on the F3 so I imagine it fits the other 3 cylinder Bikes.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 04:56 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by erryJoose View Post
I've got the Zard exhaust. I had a GPR on there before and this is much deeper yet quieter and more subtle. Mines on the F3 so I imagine it fits the other 3 cylinder Bikes.
The mounting points for the F3, Brutale and Turismo are all different I believe, certainly the Turismo anyway. I think the Stradele and TV have the same.

If the OP has seen YouTube videos of the Hydro Tre on the TV than that's probably one of mine.

I looked at the same options and wanted something more 'fruity' that OEM but not obnoxiously loud. The Hydro Tre is the best of the bunch to fit that requirement, with the DB killers in, and thankfully, IMHO, the best looking too. With both of those boxes ticked the cost was somewhat academic. I don't like the looks of the QD and the FM Project is just too noisy.

I bought mine from Moto Corsa here in the UK at the start of my relationship with them as my chosen MV dealer after my local guy went bust.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring

Last edited by Bumpkin; 05-14-2018 at 05:05 PM.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 11:08 AM

New Site Garage
Just to add a little on the QD side of discussion. My new to me 2016 TVL came with the QD exhaust with the baffles out and was way too loud for my taste. I found myself shifting very early to keep the tone down. I really didn't like QD at all from start-up to any level of RPM without the baffles. Almost immediately put the baffles in and surprised myself in that I have become really quite content on the sound front. The exhaust note is still F1 like but much easier on the ears. The high pitched whine mostly gone in normal riding but lights up nicely when wrist periodically exerts it's will.

The QD baffles themselves are interesting in their lack of any particular sophistication. I didn't pay that much attention to the baffles when I installed them as it was more of an experiment in noise control. The baffles seem to be nothing more than a flat heavy duty stainless steel plug with, I am guessing here, a 20.0+-mm x 120.0+-mm piece of straight tubing in the middle & that's it. In any event, the sound went from just past obnoxious sans baffles to what I find to be pretty much ideal on the exhaust note. YMMV.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 06:50 AM
Established Member

might be too loud for some but this Silmotor slipon is fitted to my TVL. I wear ear plugs when I ride since the wind noise is not to my liking.

Last edited by Fastspy; 05-16-2018 at 06:52 AM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 01:47 PM

New Site Garage
I've ordered the HP Corse direct from the manufacturer, Ä900 with p&p. Not bad... Looking forward to the sound..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode