Any 2018 TV Owners around? - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-06-2018, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Any 2018 TV Owners around?

Hey guys, so I'm about to trade my 2015 TV(2,5K miles) with a brand new 2018 TVL, for the purpose of getting the one without issues. I've had at least 5 troubles with my existing 2015 TV 3 of which are still persistent.

- Clutch Pressure sensor has been replaced from warranty (faulty sensor)
- Display going dead after a rainy day. (fixed by dealer)
- Quickshifter malfunction (still continues)
- Cruise control malfunction (continues)
- Coolant leak(continues)

They say 2018 models are free of almost all issues that were persistent on earlier models. Is that true, does anyone have a 2018 yet to talk about it?

Please let me know. Thanks!

BTW they almost sold me a 2018 TV RC but wife threatened me of divorce for those red rims on it lol

Overdose Moto Garage

Last edited by Onuro; 05-06-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 12:44 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onuro View Post
Hey guys, so I'm about to trade my 2015 TV(2,5K miles) with a brand new 2018 TVL, for the purpose of getting the one without issues. I've had at least 5 troubles with my existing 2015 TV 3 of which are still persistent.

- Clutch Pressure sensor has been replaced from warranty (faulty sensor)
- Display going dead after a rainy day. (fixed by dealer)
- Quickshifter malfunction (still continues)
- Cruise control malfunction (continues)
- Coolant leak(continues)

They say 2018 models are free of almost all issues that were persistent on earlier models. Is that true, does anyone have a 2018 yet to talk about it?

Please let me know. Thanks!

BTW they almost sold me a 2018 TV RC but wife threatened me of divorce for those red rims on it lol

There is very limited feedback on 2018 models. Would try to replace the battery to see if it solves the quickshifter and cruise control issues. I remember some suggesting this having their issues solved after a change of battery. For the Coolant leak, cold, the level is at the min in the recipient. If it is upper than the min level, it will leak during the rides.

Last points:

- if you want to go for a TVL, go try the electronic suspension first. Some have reported it is not as per their expectations. Further, having to rely on a non reliable Bluetooth connexion to set suspension is just madness

- I would wait for the major update of the TV mentioned by MCN. Few reasons to this: there maybe good opportunity on 2018 models, and eventually the updates may propose something much better

Your move
Gero HH, Gero HH, Marko G. and 5 others like this.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 07:40 AM

New Site Garage
Another thing to note : workshop manual says that the bike need to be tilted 45° with the front upper to remove any bubble while doing an initial filling of the coolant (and sometimes, they don't read the F* manual in workshops). If you had a leak due to a bubble in the circuitry, the bubble won't disappear if you don't tilt the bike during the refill… I suggest you ask about the procedure they use to refill coolant (specially if the issue is still there).
Attached Images

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MarcSilverTriple; 05-07-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-07-2018, 01:35 PM

New Site Garage
Don't think there are many 2018 owners out there. I have 2017 and although not done a lot of millage no issues so far... And love the bike...

The Bluetooth suspension is easy to change in pushing complete maps, not gone through fine tuning.

I would either wait for the major release as suggested unless you can get a deal on older 2018 models once the new one has been released. However, a major release may come with a new set of minor issues...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2018, 11:20 PM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Not as of yet. Not even my dealer has a 2018 on their floor. I do love the new colors. I would like to ride one to see if the updates make a difference on the drivetrain noises.

2016 TVL
Las Vegas NV
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-10-2018, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks for the answers guys. I know there's a major overhaul coming in in a couple months but I'm in serious need for a more reliable model of TV, to replace my troubled 2015 TV since I need a ride for my euro trip this summer.

What I'm planning to do is get a brand new 2018 TVL and trade it next year with the newer 2019 upgraded model.

Overdose Moto Garage
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 05:55 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Have a MY17 TV RC - has been faultless. Haven't incurred any of the issues of the earlier models to date

Alan

MY17 Turismo Veloce RC
MY19 Triumph Street Triple RS
MY14 1090 Corsa
The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Car Boy For This Useful Post:
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 04:43 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
There is very limited feedback on 2018 models. Would try to replace the battery to see if it solves the quickshifter and cruise control issues. I remember some suggesting this having their issues solved after a change of battery. For the Coolant leak, cold, the level is at the min in the recipient. If it is upper than the min level, it will leak during the rides.

Last points:

- if you want to go for a TVL, go try the electronic suspension first. Some have reported it is not as per their expectations. Further, having to rely on a non reliable Bluetooth connexion to set suspension is just madness

- I would wait for the major update of the TV mentioned by MCN. Few reasons to this: there maybe good opportunity on 2018 models, and eventually the updates may propose something much better

Your move
Bluetooth connection not required to adjust the suspension. All settings can be altered on the dash.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 06:49 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.C. View Post
Bluetooth connection not required to adjust the suspension. All settings can be altered on the dash.
As per my understanding you can change presets from the Dashboard. However, you can't change the way the suspension are set for each preset unless you use the application. However, I don't have a TVL, but a TV, so my understanding maybe wrong...

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 07:17 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
As per my understanding you can change presets from the Dashboard. However, you can't change the way the suspension are set for each preset unless you use the application. However, I don't have a TVL, but a TV, so my understanding maybe wrong...
That's OK. What I believe that I was told when I bought my Lusso, (rightly or wrongly?) was that you can't modify factory preset combinations, such as Rain, Touring or Sport, with or without the Apple App. Each individual setting can be adjusted/reset with or without the App, but the App apparently lets you save some customised "favourite combinations" of the various settings for easy reloading.

I don't have an Apple phone and the Android version of the App wasn't available when I asked, so can't confirm how to save any favourite settings.

Regards
John

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode