Data Logger - messy trips downloaded - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation TVL - Data Logger - messy trips downloaded - fixed !

After few normally downloaded trips to iphone app, some strange and ackward trip appeared with funny dates and time legth... app tryes to download them and gets hung up...

Did you Gents experience similar? How to get around? Please advise

I did search the forum on it, Steve from socal used to write that reinstalling the app, reconnecting the iphone seems that helped him... then in a while he has gone to ride ktm

Thanks

BMW K1600GTL'2018
MVA TVL’2017
KTM SMC 690'2010
HD VROD NS'2009
DERBI GP1 50'2006

Last edited by Logger79; 04-25-2018 at 04:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 05:46 PM

New Site Garage
Sounds like a corrupted track. Can you delete it from the app? As I don't use Apple products it's a feature of the TVL I've never explored.

Chas
Previously a MY16 Turismo Veloce Lusso
Defected to a Ducati Multistrada 1260S Touring
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 01:01 AM

New Site Garage
I would say, delete the messy trips, reset the GPS sensor from the TVL ( take battery off for a while ) and then reconnect ur iPhone... and don't forget to turn on the tracking at the TVL...
should work then again...
If the problem persists then it could be a defective GPS sensor........

Gero
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 01:15 AM Thread Starter

Here beliw is a link to what Steve has experienced. Same happened in my case. Will do the reconnect/reinstall the app/logdata/download data to see if no more crappy erroneus trips appear. Will post the update here

“....Speaking of software, I'll upload some more screens from the ride today once they're done transferring. Unfortunately, there seems to be a bug in the software that causes random rides to show up which then hangs the download of real rides. I haven't figured out how to reproduce it and solving comes down to removing the app, removing the BT link between phone and bike, re-linking and re-installing. I'm hoping there's a better, less annoying solution than that.”

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/1708961-post19.html

BMW K1600GTL'2018
MVA TVL’2017
KTM SMC 690'2010
HD VROD NS'2009
DERBI GP1 50'2006

Last edited by Logger79; 04-25-2018 at 01:18 AM.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

Sooo... deleting iphone in a dash/ DELETING MV in iphone/reconnecting to TVL/reinstalling app did help.

Downloaded trips with no messy erroneus trips appearing...

Figured one shall be carefull and not to attempt downloading with data logging on. And also let the italian software take its time when downloading via BT and wait till the spinning red blue progress mark becomes green... its a bit slow but worked... see the pic herebelow
Attached Images

BMW K1600GTL'2018
MVA TVL’2017
KTM SMC 690'2010
HD VROD NS'2009
DERBI GP1 50'2006
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 04:14 PM

Wink Data logger - view ride

My Lusso is just over 2 years old and have no problemo with hooking up with blue tooth. But have never been able to view trip.
I can only see the demo ride. I have deleted the app and downloaded a zillion times, but still
cannot view my ride. I have a Garmin Zumo 395.

Any hints, step by step instructions would be most welcomed
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

All below is just out of my experience (TVL2017-iphone7), Will try to be short and touch only critical points:

1) as per specs only lusso has built in GPS sensor
2) only iphone app exist
3) pair the TVL and iphone as a phone, no need to keep BT at phone on
4) have data logging on (most right at the dash), dash memory or ECU memory or GPS unit memory records telemetry and coordinates of your trip
5) do your trip, stop ignition, keep TVL on and switch off data logging
6) turn on bt at tvl and at iphone, connect “MV blutooth at iphone”
7) start app, wait till it identifies the bike (this is done at first connect), app says something like your bike is TVL
8) go to the lower most right button travels
9) and just wait and watch how your trips get downloaded, keep iphone at the same place, watch the blue circle rotating - progress, some time this cyrcle stops and turns red and progress bar stops growing - be patient do not touch anything - it continues in 30 sec or so
10) when trip got downloaded next one starts getting downloaded automatically in few seconds
11) when all got to the iphone - circle turns green - all sinced
12) enjoy watching and fingering trips.

I guess there was a bigger plan on mv side for dealing with data, now its just an amusement and you can only share via making screenshots, and cannot download from iphone unless you are a it or apple fanatic

Hope the above works for you.
Cheers !
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 11:31 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logger79 View Post
I guess there was a bigger plan on mv side for dealing with data, now its just an amusement and you can only share via making screenshots, and cannot download from iphone unless you are a it or apple fanatic
Sounds like a useless plan. The GPS logger is not able to serve anything else than logging data, which any routing GPS does as well. So if you ride far, you get a Garmin Zumo or a Tomtom Rider, and the trace are then available from the GPS… Sounds like an digital engineer having a thought and making the assumption that would be cool and that would be a real use case… Waste of money at the end.

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSilverTriple View Post
Sounds like a useless plan. The GPS logger is not able to serve anything else than logging data, which any routing GPS does as well. So if you ride far, you get a Garmin Zumo or a Tomtom Rider, and the trace are then available from the GPS… Sounds like an digital engineer having a thought and making the assumption that would be cool and that would be a real use case… Waste of money at the end.

this data logging thing - it actually looks and works as if there WAS A BIGGER PLAN. as i see it is more a bike DATA logging app rather then GPS routing (which is a strage thing - there were no GPSs for million years and ppl have discovered all around)...the TRIPS part of app is more a telemetry logging thing... well thought, well realised... a good foundation for a bigger thing... you may ride hard a track and analise your performance, look at how open was your THROTOLETTO what lean angle speed was in a certain curve etc, come up with improvement plas etc... and then may be the budget was over or project was set aside for some good fair reasons...

im actually able to enjoy it - i value the effort they put into it... i think they will continue with this app... it is inevitable and just postponed !!!

BMW K1600GTL'2018
MVA TVL’2017
KTM SMC 690'2010
HD VROD NS'2009
DERBI GP1 50'2006
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 01:24 PM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logger79 View Post
this data logging thing - it actually looks and works as if there WAS A BIGGER PLAN. as i see it is more a bike DATA logging app rather then GPS routing (which is a strage thing - there were no GPSs for million years and ppl have discovered all around)...the TRIPS part of app is more a telemetry logging thing... well thought, well realised... a good foundation for a bigger thing... you may ride hard a track and analise your performance, look at how open was your THROTOLETTO what lean angle speed was in a certain curve etc, come up with improvement plas etc... and then may be the budget was over or project was set aside for some good fair reasons...

im actually able to enjoy it - i value the effort they put into it... i think they will continue with this app... it is inevitable and just postponed !!!

Well: you can do all of this already with some apps on a phone. And for the tracks resulting of road trips, I believe that you need more than just being able to log it. There is no use of the trace if you have no guiding feature with it. And then if you consider those for race tracks, I believe the TV is not exactly the right tool for this… So sorry, but I just see a missed opportunity or at best a gadget. You will still need to rely on a separate GPS to guide you, which is using a separate screen. Look at what KTM is doing with myride : it's much more advanced than this. But still, advance riders will rely on a separate GPS…

Marc,
Turismo Veloce in France
Ride with us in Vosges :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode